Energy and the Environment Volunteer Internship- NYC
Organization: Council on Foreign Relations
Position Title: Energy and the Environment Volunteer Internship
Location: 58 East 68th Street, New York, NY, 10065, US
Hours and Compensation: unpaid
Application Deadline: rolling
Council on Foreign Relations
Human Resources Office
58 E. 68th St., NY, NY 10065
Fax: (212) 434-9893
Follow us on Twitter: @CFR_HR
VOLUNTEER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Department: Energy and the Environment
Semester: Spring 2014
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America’s understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR’s 4,700+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
CFR’s volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The Council has a volunteer internship available in the Studies Department. The intern will report to the Fellow for Energy and Environment and will help to organize and run the daily activities of the office and participate in research as needed.
- Assisting with research for upcoming experts meetings, locating data sets, and collecting open source information for future analysis.
- Writing research briefs for fellow’s upcoming book
- Assisting in research and fact checking for CFR publications related to energy, the environment, and national security
- Other logistical responsibilities, as assigned
- Undergraduate student focusing on Economics, Environmental/Energy Studies, Political Science, International Relations, or related major.
- Strong interest and experience in the field of energy and the environment
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Extensive research experience and previous administrative experience
- Strong proofreading, speaking, writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organization
How to Apply
Please email, mail or fax a resume and cover letter INCLUDING POSITION NAME, DAYS AND TIMES AVAILABLE TO WORK to the Human Resource Office at the above address. The Council on Foreign Relations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Quality, diversity and balance are the key objectives sought by the Council on Foreign Relations in the composition of its workforce.