Education Coordinator- New Hope, PA
Organization: Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve
Position Title: Education Coordinator
Location: New Hope, PA
Hours and Compensation:
Application Deadline: November 15, 2013
Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve is located in historic New Hope, PA features over 600 species of native wildflowers, trees and shrubs that support a wealth of birds, butterflies and other wildlife. Two-and-a-half miles of trails that wind through woodlands and meadow, along a pond and Pidcock Creek, afford a unique opportunity to learn about a diversity of plant communities.
The Preserve is searching for a full time Education Coordinator to actively interpret the Preserve and advance its mission to inspire the appreciation and use of native plants by serving as a sanctuary and an educational resource for conservation and stewardship.
- Educational program development and planning including scheduling, coordinating lectures, speakers, and professional symposia
- Conduct outreach including the organization of field trips, special events, and the nurturing of educational partnerships
- Represent BHWP at regional conferences, meetings, and other educational organizations
- B.S. or M.S. degree in natural sciences or education with plant-related focus
- Experience with educational program planning and age-appropriate curriculum development
- Excellent communication skills including reading, writing, and public speaking
- Working knowledge of mid-Atlantic regional native flora and ecology
- FBI Background check clearances in order to work with children
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends
How to Apply
If you are creative, energetic, and a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of staff, trustees, interns, and volunteers, please send cover letter, references, and resume to:
Miles Arnott, Executive Director
ATTN: Education Coordinator
Application deadline: November 15, 2013
For general information visit www.bhwp.org.
Please indicate in your cover letter that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board