Development/Board and Strategic Relations Assistant- NYC
Organization: Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
Position Title: Development/Board and Strategic Relations Assistant
Location: 40 West 20th Street, New York, NY, 10011, US
Hours and Compensation: not given
Application Deadline: not given
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation’s most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 1.3 million members and online activists to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America’s bedrock environmental laws. Today, our staff of more than 430 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Livingston, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Development/Board & Strategic Relations Assistant in our NY Office. This position provides administrative support to individuals in both our Development Department and President’s Office, including six individuals: the Deputy Director of Development, the Director of Individual Giving and two Regional Portfolio Managers in the Development Department; and the Director of Board & Strategic Relations and the Board & Strategic Relations Associate in the President’s Office.
This position will assist with the cultivation, stewardship, and management of NRDC’s Trustees, Major Gifts donors and prospects as well as other external relationships, and will also provide extensive administrative support in planning for NRDC Board meetings. Job duties include preparing letters, general correspondence and donor briefings; overseeing assignments to portfolios; creating and maintaining donor and income tracking spreadsheets; researching donor and trustee prospects and current donors; maintaining major gifts databases and recording donor interactions; list management for Board contacts, gathering materials for meetings, scheduling and recording meetings; and processing expenses and invoices.
- Calendar management for supervisors, scheduling meetings, and preparing meeting materials
- Assist with event and conference planning tasks for quarterly Board meetings
- Assist with drafting, editing and proofing correspondence to donors and board members
- Formatting and uploading quarterly online Board Book
- Management of Board contact list including updating and distribution
- Assisting with donor/prospect assignments and tracking of donor/prospect contacts and strategies
- Assisting with outreach to Membership donors for upgrades in giving
- Recording meetings and distributing meeting minutes to ensure that the discussed topics and action items are kept on track
- Conducting research on prospective and existing donors and developing short, written summaries
- Preparing general background materials for briefings
- Preparing expense reports and processing invoices
- Preparing income tracking spreadsheets and keeping them updated with weekly data
- Handling travel arrangements for supervisors
- Coordinating catering, AV equipment, and other logistics for conferences/meetings
- General administrative tasks such as filing, mailing, printing, copying, faxing and distributing documents
- BA required
- Experience and comfort working with high profile individuals
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work accurately and with composure under deadline pressure
- Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of PIDI’s Donor Direct, Great Plains, and Adobe Acrobat a plus.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred
- Interest in environmental issues a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter. No phone calls or faxes please. Please reference where you saw this posting (IDEALIST). NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-866-803-9663.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.