Center for City Parks Excellence Internship-
Organization: The Trust for Public Land- SF Headquarters
Position Title: Center for City Parks Excellence Internship
Location: 660 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE , Suite 401, Washington D.C., DC, 20003
Hours and Compensation: 40 hours/week, $15/hour
Dates: January 1- June 30
Our Washington DC office is seeking a Temporary Associate/Intern for our Center for City Park Excellence and in particular to work on an analytical project related a major database on parks.
- Maintain a database
- Research public data sources. Outreach to government offices via phone and e-mail required.
- Organize, analyze and disseminate data. Some statistics required.
- Write summaries in support of key program work elements.
- Prepare materials for presentations, our website, and other project related needs.
- Coordination with other staff
- Perform other relevant duties, including some administrative tasks, as necessary.
- Bachelors degree required, and masters degree in related field is preferable. Course work or experience in environmental studies, public policy, statistics, urban planning or related area.
- Superior writing skills.
- Strong research and analytic skills and a facility with numbers.
- Coursework in statistics required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient with Excel and Access
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated commitment to parks and cities
- Ability to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems.
How to Apply
Submit Resume and Cover letter : http://tpl.catsone.com/careers/?portal