Communications Intern- Washington DC
Organization: EcoAgriculture Partners
Position Title: Communications Intern
Location: 1100 17th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC, 20036, US
Hours and Compensation: 20 hours/week, paid (stipend based on qualifications)
Application Deadline: November 30, 2013
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the intern will support communications activities for EcoAgriculture Partners and the Landscapes for People, Food and Nature Initiative over a negotiable period between January 6 and June 1, 2014.
- Support writing and preparation of flyers, fact sheets, articles, and brochures;
- Edit, source content, and occasionally write entries for the Landscapes Blog;
- Assist in the redesign and content update of the ecoagriculture.org website;
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of the newsletter;
- Contribute to the posting of materials, reports, photos and video on the EcoAgriculture Partners and Landscapes for People, Food and Nature websites;
- Author social media content for the EcoAgriculture Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Linkedin pages;
- Various outreach and administrative tasks as assigned.
- College junior/senior, grad student, or recent graduate studying communications, journalism, international affairs, environmental studies, economics, political science or a related subject
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, the Google apps ecosystem, and WordPress
- Strong multi-tasker able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to learn on the go
The communications intern will regularly interact with program staff to gain an understanding of international rural development, integrated landscape management, and the intricacies of international development policy and finance. They will also meet weekly with the Communications Manager for feedback, to monitor the status of projects, and to develop and pursue a mutually agreed upon communications project of their own design.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter describing your interest in EcoAgriculture Partners, resume, and writing sample to Margie Miller at email@example.com.
We will begin reviewing applications on December 1, and continue until the position is filled.