Marketing & Communications Intern- Washington DC
Organization: Inscape Publico
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Location: Washington DC
Hours and Compensation:
The internship runs October 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013 with possibility to extend into the next year as a paid internship, based on performance.
This is an unpaid, part-time position that requires 20 hours per week.
(This position was still available as of October 26, 2013)
Application Deadline: not given
Inscape Publico is a 501(c)(3) non-profit architecture firm whose mission is to collaborate with other non-profits to create architecture that reflects their particular vision and serves their clients’ needs.
Inscape Publico provides affordable concept design services to our non-profit clients who want to build a new facility, expand an existing space, or do a complete renovation.
We believe that innovative contemporary design has the power to inspire positive change within communities. We look forward to working with non-profits whose mission it is to foster this change.
Inscape Publico is seeking an intern to support the organization with communications media, marketing and development activities; that effectively will extend the organization’s brand and services to its clients and other stakeholders.
This position, reporting to the Executive Director and Director of Development, allows great flexibility and creativity to expand our reach and delivery of consistent messaging through many channels. The position is responsible for assisting with all communications, including print, web, email, and social networking initiatives.
The ideal intern will be able to take this internship for college credit, or is someone who just graduated college and is looking for relevant experience.
Marketing and Communications Intern
Most projects are done independently with supervisor review. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Marketing & Communication Duties:
- Support the implementation of Inscape Publico ‘s marketing and development strategy and serve as the primary point of contact for all Inscape Publico digital promotions, social media outreach, and other coordinated marketing activities.
- Meet with Inscape Publico leadership and other staff to discuss communication needs and develop and deploy media and non-media materials based on agreed priorities.
- Writing, editing and proofing web and other marketing collateral.
- Writing articles for Inscape Publico’s monthly newsletter.
- Uploading and maintaining the organization’s photo database.
- Conducting research and compiling data to prepare fact sheets or FAQs on smart and/or green design, low income housing and sustainability.
- Work with Inscape Publico ‘s web development consultant to update Inscape Publico ‘s external website periodically. Determine updates that are required, work with other Inscape Publico staff to develop the necessary content and interface with web development consultant to implement updates. Make some straightforward updates directly without support from the web consultant.
- Identify and implement new ways of marketing the Inscape Publico brand (e.g., greater visibility in press, participation in industry events, etc.).
- Research potential corporate partners and donors.
- Update donor database.
- Communicating and coordinating with potential partners and outside vendors on behalf of the Inscape Publico.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for specific events, participate in events as requested and assist with coordination of event logistics.
- Assisting with administrative tasks of staff.
- Tracking progress of projects and reporting back on results; sharing lessons learned to be applied in the future.
- Other duties may be assigned as opportunities emerge.
- Applicants must possess strong writing, research and communication skills.
- Individuals should be self-motivated and able to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Individual must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to multi-task effectively.
- Individual must have effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as, excellent organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Must be willing to attend staff meetings as necessary and communicate effectively within the team.
- Individuals with majors in communications, marketing, graphic design, or related fields, are desired.
- Computer proficient, especially in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Applicants must be willing to:
- Be an energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude
- Be a reliable member of the organization during their time here and put forth their best work effort.
Desired Skills and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
Current graduate work in journalism, marketing or communications preferred
Knowledge of computer and internet based programs for use in communication and grant requirements
Entrepreneurial experience and willingness to work in a collaborative space
Two to three years writing and editing experience and solid coordination experience
Experience with HTML, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Publisher
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please include your availability in the cover letter.