Environmental Health Policy Intern- Chicago, IL
Organization: Respiratory Health Association
Position Title: Environmental Health Policy Intern
Location: 1440 W. Washington, Chicago, IL, 60607, US
Hours and Compensation: approximately 20 hours/week, paid, up to 6 months
Application Deadline: December 25, 2013
The mission of Respiratory Health Association is to fight lung disease and promote healthy lungs through research, advocacy and community based education. Respiratory Health Association (RHA) is seeking an Environmental Health Policy Intern to work primarily on climate policy development. Reports To: Director of Environmental Health Programs
Environmental health intern will be responsible for researching, compiling and presenting information pertinent to RHA’s climate initiatives, which aim to highlight the connection between increasing global climate disruption and lung health.
- Researching and compiling medical/scientific research on lung health effects of climate disruption and drafting written materials to communicate information to varied audiences;
- Communicating the co-benefits of reducing global warming emissions in addition to conventional air pollutants incorporated in RHA air quality policy priorities;
- Completing a detailed white paper and supplemental advocacy materials summarizing relevant policy options;
- Participating in discussions with partner organization on targeted activities regarding climate change and lung health; and
- Additional research and writing projects on related RHA environmental health priorities.
The ideal candidate is personable, well-organized, detail-oriented, self-directed, and possesses excellent research, writing, communication and computer skills. Graduate students are encouraged to apply. Background in public policy or environmental health is helpful but not required. Internships are paid and approximately 20 hours/week for up to six months.
Please note: Respiratory Health Association is fully committed to equal opportunity in employment in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Respiratory Health Association is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Association does not hire persons who smoke, and forbids smoking in the workplace.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include the job title and your name in the subject line.