Organization: Global Energy Initiative
Position Title: Internship
Location: 866 United Nations Plaza Suite 405, New York, NY, 10017, US
Hours and Compensation: unpaid
Application Deadline: not given
Global Energy Initiative is an international not-for-profit organization with the mission of promoting sustainable energy for all to fight energy poverty, protect environment, and mitigate effects of climate change. The GEI also aims to creating a new energy paradigm that would contribute to more equitable economic and social development to the benefit of entire humanity in general and the developing and least developed countries in particular.
To this end, Global Energy Initiative organizes public discussion forums; educate people on judicious energy use, environmental protection and effects of climate change; promote research and technological advancement on energy efficiency; and support projects that help in eliminating energy poverty.
Global Energy Initiative is seeking an Intern to assist in various programs of the organization. The selected intern will involve in membership development, launching of the new program – Young Professionals for Sustainable Development, and organizing Energy Events series in NYC.
We are looking for someone who can commit 20-25 hours a week. This immediately available position is initially for 3 months, with the possibly of continuation. This position is a great opportunity to be a part of a mission driven international organization while working with and learning from the experience of a senior nonprofit executive in all aspect of a nonprofit organization operations.
- Sharing your innovative ideas in establishing Global Energy Initiative’s brand.
- Assisting in updating website and social media platforms
- Communicating with the high-level speakers
- Liaison with the event vendors, partners, and other constituents
- Representing Global Energy Initiative in different meetings and conferences
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Global Energy Initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative and resourceful abilities
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Background in energy, sustainability and environment field is preferable, though not required
- Knowledge of social media and website updates will be very helpful
- Bachelor degree
How to Apply
No Phone Calls.