Climate Action Fellowship- San Francisco, CA
Organization: Business Council on Climate Change
Position Title: Climate Action Fellowship
Location: 1455 Market St., San Francisco, CA, 94103, US
Hours and Compensation: 32 hours/week, unpaid
Application Deadline: rolling
BC3, a project of Community Initiatives, is a member-driven non-profit organization that enables Bay Area business leaders to share best practices and establish strong relationships in the effort to reduce GHG emissions within their companies. BC3 members range in size from global corporations to local small businesses and from industries including health care, hospitality, architecture, and environmental consulting.
We seek motivated individuals who are committed to the mission and vision of BC3. We believe in developing the skills of our volunteer interns by providing meaningful feedback and a challenging (and fun) work environment. Interns are hired for a 3 month period and we are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and talented individuals. If you are interested in the program please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BC3 is looking for an intern who is passionate about climate solutions, eager to learn, and has a desire to establish themselves in the San Francisco Environmental community. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with good project management skills to assist in every level of running the BC3 Program.
A track record of independent thinking, significant responsibility in previous jobs, and a problem-solver attitude are a must. Experience in climate action planning or policy, sustainability and / or business management are also valuable. Candidates should have basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and be available to work 35-40 hours for a minimum of three months.
Understanding of greenhouse gas reporting, green building practices, climate change policy, sustainable business practices, energy policy, local government and other related areas is a significant bonus. Familiarity with Google Apps, Social Media, Salesforce, Eventbrite, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and Weebly is also desired. Applicants should have excellent networking skills, and be comfortable conversing with a range of individuals from various sectors, including high-level municipal staff and business leaders.
- Event Planning: Plan and co-manage all BC3 events including workshops, seminars, mixers, and full membership meetings;
- Fundraising: Assist Program Manager in member dues solicitation, including member correspondence and tracking dues payments and financial reports;
- Program Growth: Work with SF Environment to expand the program; Assist in the recruitment of new members.
- Communications & Social Media: Assist Program Manager in general communications, including email, phones, and media inquiries; manage contacts in Salesforce, email lists, Eventbrite invitations; oversee production of the quarterly BC3 e-newsletter.
- Administrative Assistance: Schedule meetings, manage calendar; coordinate, attend, and record minutes for Advisory Committee and other meetings; take ownership of special projects to improve BC3 operations.
- Website Management: Help maintain BC3 website, including creating and updating informational content and adding news links and calendar events, etc.
- Climate Projects: Assist member companies in executing bi-annual projects.
- Team Player: Bring an “all hands on deck” attitude to work – be willing to do what needs to get done, regardless of type of work
Compensation: Although the position is unpaid, this is an excellent opportunity for a graduate student, recent college graduate or mature undergraduate to establish invaluable contacts with some of the Bay Area’s top businesses, build experience in both the public and private sectors, and to work on the cutting edge efforts to address climate change. A full-time schedule is required to provide interns with the maximum learning, networking, and professional growth opportunities.
We encourage you to join BC3 in facilitating aggressive on-the-ground climate solutions with the private sector.
How to Apply
Interested parties should email a cover letter, resume (please include dates of availability) and a writing sample (300 words) as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com. Please write “BC3 Intern” in the email subject line, and title your document: “YourName_BC3internship2013″.
We encourage the submission of applications as soon as possible; applications will be considered on a rolling basis.