Community Coordinator (Program Manager) – Tenino, WA
Position Title: Community Coordinator (Program Manager)
Location: Tenino, WA
Hours and Compensation: 25 hrs/wk, $15-18/hr
Application Deadline: December 14, 2013
TOGETHER! engages and mobilizes families, schools and the community to advance the health, safety and success of our youth.
We work to increase knowledge and awareness to encourage healthy decision-making; we promote policies and systems that support positive youth development; and we cultivate youth leadership and collaborate with others to create vibrant communities.
We hold a vision that all young people in Thurston and Mason Counties are supported, healthy, safe and valued.
Support the efforts of a community-based substance abuse prevention coalition in the Tenino, Bucoda and Rainier, Washington region; aid in coalition planning, evaluation and reporting; and implement strategies consistent with the coalition’s plans and goals.
- Work with coalition members and leaders, community groups, business leaders, media representatives and others in professional settings locally and beyond to help the coalitiona itelopment ofify the summary. Does this accurately capture what I replaced?icheer a writing sample). I found these samples inc recruit and maintain a diverse coalition membership, build community awareness and support, meet and exceed program goals, and maximize local impact.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the coalition’s strategic plan using approved frameworks and models.
- Support coalition’s efforts to plan and conduct educational and training activities. Support coalition workgroups, including with needs and resource assessments, data collection and analysis, interpreting data, and more, to ensure project/s success.
- Work with TOGETHER! and coalition leaders to develop the program budget.
- Make presentations and communicate to the public the goals and strategies of the coalition.
- Pursue professional development opportunities and remain competent and knowledgeable in the fields of prevention, community organizing, evaluation, and public health education.
- Ensure implementation of policies and procedures adopted by TOGETHER! Board of Directors and Executive Director. Ensure sound health and safety measures are practiced.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Human Services or related field required.
- Minimum of two years required of professional or volunteer experience in project development and management, organizing people to create community change. Experience in public health, health education, administration, policy/planning, or community mobilization preferred.
- Possess and maintain current public health knowledge. Have Associate or Certified Prevention Professional or Certified Health Education Specialist certification, or be willing to obtain such within first year of employment.
- Understand and apply “environmental prevention” and the Strategic Prevention Framework.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Display proficiency with Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Self-starter and proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team; solve problems creatively, and work under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to multitask.
- Commitment to working with children, youth and adults with a variety of needs and from diverse populations, and commitment to the prevention philosophy of TOGETHER!.
- Reliable transportation, valid Washington state driver’s license and liability insurance.
- Willing to work occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application and a resume specific to this position to Danielle Koenig, Communications & Admin Director, at dkoenig@ThurstonTOGETHER.org. A background check is required for final candidates. Application review begins December 13, 2013. Position is open until filled.