Event Internship, Resilient Cities – Germany
Organization: Local Governments for sustainability!
Position Title: Event Internship, Resilient Cities
Location: Bonn, Germany
Hours and Compensation: 40/wk, 2 days of paid leave per month, ICLEI offers interns a cost compensation of Euro 880 before tax and social insurance fees (around Euro 700 after tax and social insurance fees).
*The internship position is available from mid February 2014 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. A later start can be negotiated up to latest end of February. The duration is planned for 6 months. The intern reports to the Resilient Cities Program Manager in close cooperation with the Resilient Cities congress team.
Application Deadline: 15 January, 2014; position begins in mid February
ICLEI is the world’s largest association of cities and local governments dedicated to sustainable development. ICLEI is a powerful movement of 12 mega-cities, 100 super-cities, 450 large cities and urban regions as well as 650 small and medium-sized cities and towns in 86 countries.
ICLEI promotes local action for global sustainability and supports cities to become sustainable, resilient, resource-efficient, biodiverse, low-carbon; to build a smart infrastructure; and to develop an inclusive, green urban economy with the ultimate aim is to achieve healthy and happy communities.
In May 2010, ICLEI World Secretariat launched Resilient Cities, a series of annual global forums on urban resilience and adaptation. After three successful editions, the Resilient Cities team is now preparing Resilient Cities 2014, to be held in Bonn, Germany from 29 to 31 May 2014. For more information please check www.iclei.org/resilient-cities.
Support the team of Resilient Cities 2014 (5th Global Forum on Urban Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Change) to be held from 29 to 31 May 2014 in Bonn, Germany; in particular:
– Communicate with partners, funders, sponsors and participants
– Assist in the event logistics including communication with the venue and local service providers
– Support the registration process
– Manage partners and participants by also using databases
– Edit congress web pages
– Be involved in the post congress follow up
– Support the general congress implementation
- Degree in a relevant subject such as either Communications, Events Management, International Relations, Urban Planning & Management or similar
- Interest in the areas of cities and local government is an asset;
- Interest in event organization
- Organizing skills, organized working style, creative and pro-active attitude
- Good communication style, writing and orally
- Confident user of Microsoft Office. Some databases, web editing experience (Typo3 or other CMS), desktop publishing software (preferably InDesign); social media experience is an asset;
- Excellent command of English language (written and spoken), additional languages (German in particular) are an asset
How to Apply
By email (email@example.com) or fax (+49-228 / 97 62 99 01). Please include “Event internship, Resilient Cities” in the subject line.
– letter of motivation
– CV (max 3 pages)
– indication of citizenship (and if non-EU, whether holder of a work permit for Germany)
– indication of availability date
Deadline for application: 15 January 2014
Be aware that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable. The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position.