Manager, Water Program- Boston
Position Title: Manager, Water Program
Hours and Compensation: not listed
Application Deadline: not listed
Ceres is looking to hire a Manager to join its Water Program team.
The Ceres Water Program is working with our investor and environmental advocacy partners to accelerate corporate action to steward freshwater resources and protect critical ecosystems. This position will play a pivotal role in Ceres’ efforts to advance corporate water stewardship in the food, beverage and agribusiness sectors and increase investor understanding and action on water risk.
This is a full-time position, based in Boston, MA, that will report to the Water Program Director and partners with a number of program teams at Ceres.
- Manage the production, release and distribution of new research reports and related blog posts and articles that advance the implementation of corporate water stewardship practices and to increase investor understanding and action to address water related risks and opportunities, with a focus on the food and beverage sector and agricultural supply chains.
- Provide research, writing, and project management support to initiatives designed to enhance water stewardship across other industries and sectors with high water impacts.
- Support the promotion and ongoing development of the Ceres Aqua Gauge.
- Serve as a resource on water risk issues for the Ceres Corporate, Investor and Industry Program teams, including participating in Ceres company member stakeholder calls.
- In coordination with the Investor team and outside partners, coordinate with investors and deliver company analysis and research to support engagement with companies on water issues.
- Assist the Director in working with the Ceres Development team to develop fundraising proposals and reports for relevant projects.
- Represent Ceres as a speaker at conferences and events.
- Assist with planning for the Ceres annual conference program and other events.
- Partner with the Corporate Program and Investor Programs to design and implement workshops, conference calls, webinars, and dialogue meetings with companies, investors and stakeholders.
- Support the implementation and development of Water Program management systems including developing goals, tracking KPIs and evaluating the results and progress of the program.
- Bachelor degree, required.
- Graduate degree in business, environment, law or public policy or related field preferred.
- Five years or more of direct experience working on sustainable agriculture and freshwater management issues in the corporate, investor and/or non-profit sectors.
- Substantial expertise on environmental sustainability issues, with a preference for expertise in freshwater sustainability/sustainable water management.
- An understanding of the following entities; corporations, large-scale agricultural operations, investment firms, financial institutions, or institutional investors.
- Strong writing and research skills
- Effective presentation style and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, two writing samples, a list of three references, and a letter describing their qualifications, interests, and potential contribution to our organization.
Please use the words “Manager, Water Program” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Address all correspondence to: Careers at Ceres ATTN: Manager, Water Program Email (preferred): email@example.com 99 Chauncy Street, 6th Floor Boston, MA 02111