Resource/Crew/Maintenance Interns-Plymouth, VT
Position Title: Resource/Crew/ Maintenance Interns
Location: Plymouth, VT
Hours and Compensation:a stipend of $200 per week plus room and board
Application Deadline: not listed
Farm & Wilderness employs staff during the school year to teach farm based environmental education to schools and other groups, and to maintain and improve F&Ws facilities, farms and forests. These positions are both a job and an opportunity to acquire new skills by working with education and resource staff in the areas of Organic Farming, Maintenance and Carpentry on our beautiful 500 acre campus in the heart of the Green Mountains. See our website for more information about our organization!
Maintenance/Resource Apprentices receive a stipend of $200 per week plus room and board.
School Year Program Staff must be 21 years or older at the time employment starts.
Internship length- 3-4 months
Crew/Maintenance staff assist in ongoing maintenance and repair of Farm & Wilderness buildings, grounds and equipment. The work includes plumbing, carpentry and various maintenance repair projects.
• Undergo training throughout the season.
• Assist with work related to opening and closing of camps.
• Share cooperative living chores with physical plant crew including cleaning, cooking, barn chores and some group maintenance projects.
• Assist with seasonal and other necessary group maintenance projects as needed: firewood, lawn mowing, kybo digging (digging out the night soil from the outhouses), water bar upkeep, recycling, trash runs, town runs, building repairs.
General F&W Responsibilities:
• Participate in opening buildings Actively participate in the annual weekend events, such as Harvest Weekend, Ice Cutting and Spring Planting Weekend.
• Participate in crew life
• Assist the Farm Manager, Farm Education Coordinator, Resource Director, Program Director, Assistant Program Director, and Executive Director with tasks as assigned.
• 21+ years of age
• Flexible, able and willing to perform a variety of tasks in changing situations.
• Positive attitude
• Solid problem solving skills
• Must be able to negotiate the terrain at camp, including climbing the steep hills and staircases
• Must be able to perform acts of physical exertion (lifting and carrying 15 pounds, shoveling for 10 minutes without rest, walking up hill at a slow pace for 25 minutes)
• Must be able to focus on a single task or camper for at least 20 minutes
• Must be able to communicate (both written and verbal) clearly and effectively
Salary and Benefits:
• $200.00 per week, paid bi weekly
• Room and board
• workers compensation
• laundry and internet access
• professional development
To apply, please visit: