Organization: Mohonk Preserve
Position Title: Associate Director of Volunteer Programs
Location: New Paltz, NY
Hours and Compensation: Half Time. Mid-teens per year based on experience.
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2014
Mohonk Preserve, New York State’s largest member & visitor supported nature preserve, is seeking an experienced manager to fill the half time position of Associate Director of Volunteer Programs.
The Mohonk Preserve is a dynamic organization with responsibility for managing and protecting more than 8,000 acres of the northern Shawangunk Mountains in Ulster County, NY. The Preserve has four integrated programs — Conservation Science, Education, Land Stewardship, and Land Protection, and is a regional model for large-scale conservation planning which guards the integrity of our natural surroundings while providing for public recreation and education. We have an annual budget of $3.6 million, 35 year-round staff and over 350 volunteers. We also have a diverse support base of over 14,000 individual members and supporters. Our Visitor Center is an award-winning green design building surrounded by nature trails and is a great work environment!
We have a fast paced, results-driven Development department, which includes Major Gifts, Individual and Planned Giving, Membership Services, Special Events, and Volunteers. This position is supervised by the Director of Development and will work collaboratively with all members of the Development team.
- experience in project management & event planning;
- exemplary written, communication & people skills;
- superior computer skills including Microsoft Office at a minimum;
- database experience including: Raiser’s Edge (RE), Access and/or similar databases (proficiency in RE preferred)
- working knowledge of desktop publishing and publication production;
- strong planning & time management skills, taking initiative, and successfully meeting deadlines;
- comfortable with a high level of social interaction with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of two years’ management experience, preferably working with volunteers;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Weekend & evening work;
- Driver’s license required.
A critical attribute is the ability to work closely with and express a positive attitude and appreciation toward people giving their time, resources and energy as volunteers. Experience in a nonprofit setting is desired. Candidates with experience in volunteer management, development/fundraising, alumni relations and event management are preferred. A knowledge and appreciation of the mission of the Mohonk Preserve is imperative.
Salary: Mid-teens per year based on experience. Excellent work environment, pro-rated benefit package based on 50% employment and access privileges to the lands of the Preserve and the Mohonk Mountain House resort.
Cover letter & resume required. Please submit by January 31, 2014 to:
Director of Development, Mohonk Preserve, P.O. Box 715, New Paltz, NY 12561.
Applications will also be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com
(Word 97 & above or Adobe PDF only). No phone calls please.
For information about the Preserve visit our web site: www.mohonkpreserve.org
Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.