Program Associate-Washington DC.
Position Title: Program Associate
Location: Washington DC.
Hours & Compensation: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled
RESOLVE is an independent organization focused on building strong, enduring solutions to environmental, social, and health challenges. We help community, business, government, foundation, and non-governmental organization leaders solve challenging problems, achieve enduring results, and create productive, lasting relationships through collaboration. We are based in Washington, D.C. and work on local, regional, national, and international projects. Our projects focus on healthy people and communities, clean air and water, resilient ecosystems, smart energy, sustainable development, and natural resource conflicts.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree; an advance degree is preferred. Prior work experience relating to conflict resolution, public policy, or natural resource issues is a plus.
- Serve as junior member of facilitation, mediation, and training teams. This includes conducting interviews with stakeholders, drafting agendas, recording flip chart notes or taking notes in meetings, and writing meeting summaries and project reports.
- Manage logistics for meetings, including polling teams for meeting dates, reserving venues, communicating with participants, developing and managing project websites, preparing meeting materials, and managing collaborative technology (e.g., Adobe Connect) for meetings.
- Work with organizational teams and partners to research issues, track collaborative opportunities, and write proposals.
We are looking for an individual with demonstrated commitment to the conflict resolution and/or natural resources field, including knowledge, skills, personal characteristics, and referrals that attest to:
- Familiarity with neutrality, group dynamics, collaboration, and consensus building theories and practices
- Familiarity with public policy context and processes and the role of different groups in agenda setting, advocacy, and problem solving
- Understanding of science and technical information in environment and natural resources issues
- Familiarity with collaborative technologies and application of them in a variety of settings and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, writing, and editing skills
- Proficiency with word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with use of collaborative technologies (e.g., Adobe Connect or other webinar programs; Poll Everywhere), social media, AV equipment, and web development (particularly WordPress). Experience with Google Analytics a plus.
- Ability to balance many projects and priorities simultaneously, while closely tracking and managing various project activities, timelines, and deliverables
- Ability to take initiative and work with teams to coordinate projects on scope and budget, with attention to highest quality and detail
- Excellent relationship skills such as listening, building trust, empathizing, developing rapport, and both giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Intellectual curiosity and depth
- Energy, drive, and commitment to excellence
- Strong values and ethics
- Courage, confidence, and ease in front of groups
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivation, self-discipline, and capacity to work with little supervision or structure
- Willingness to cope with an irregular work schedule, sometimes requiring evening and weekend work and travel
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. RESOLVE offers excellent benefits, including: medical and dental insurance; retirement contributions; generous family, vacation, and sick leave; and long-term disability.