Environmental Field Coordinator (Project Term) -WI and IL
Organization: Natural Resource Group, LLC
Position Title: Environmental Field Coordinator
Location: WI and IL
Hours & Compensation: Not listed.
Application Deadline: Not listed
Natural Resource Group, LLC (NRG) is seeking one Environmental Field Coordinator to support field survey efforts for a linear project in Wisconsin and Illinois. This field based position will assist with technical and field crew management related to the execution of the environmental field surveys for the project.
This position will provide an opportunity for an individual to serve in a key role providing survey coordination and support for a large-scale, complex project. The individual will bring the technical skills necessary to coordinate the environmental surveys for the project. The individual would be responsible for the coordination, planning, and management of environmental survey teams. The individual will be required to track survey progress, provide survey access, maintain a good relationship with field survey crews, and ensure that the environmental field survey teams maintain the project’s schedule. The position is expected to begin in April and last up to seven or eight months and survey crews plan to work six days per week. The position may require long hours and will involve working in both outdoor and field office environments.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Environmental Field Coordinator are listed below:
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of environmental field survey crews;
- Attend daily project meetings and tailgate meetings and serve as a liaison between environmental survey personnel and other project team members (e.g., right-of-way agents, civil surveyors, engineers);
- Provide environmental field survey crews with information on access permissions (including retractions) and routes;
- Provide guidance to field crews on survey access restrictions and specific survey areas;
- Conduct random safety checks for compliance with the client’s and NRG’s health and safety requirements;
- Conduct regular field visits to verify survey progress and access and performance;
- Track environmental survey progress and provide daily updates to NRG’s Biological and Cultural Resource Leads;
- Be available to consult with NRG to provide input from an environmental perspective on reroutes, route refinements, additional temporary workspaces, access roads, off-right-of-way work areas, construction methods, etc.;
- Coordinate with NRG, as necessary, on potential environmental routing concerns;
- Keep NRG’s Biological and Cultural Resource Leads apprised of any environmental concerns, problems, issues, or new information available from the field office; and
- Provide health and safety and public outreach training to survey crews as needed.
We are looking for individuals who possess a BS/BA degree in an environmental field of study with at least 5 years of field related experience and a working knowledge of environmental survey protocols. The successful candidate should have experience conducting or coordinating biological field surveys. Optimally, the candidate should also have a basic understanding of environmental permitting and a familiarity with linear projects. Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and possess strong interpersonal skills; an excellent oral and written communication style; and proven ability to multi-task under tight schedule constraints. Drug testing will be required.
Natural Resource Group, LLC will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc.) to fill this position.
Natural Resource Group, LLC (NRG), headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a consulting firm focused solely on serving clients in the energy industry throughout North America. Founded in 1992, NRG has employees in nine office locations including Charlotte, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Portland, Providence, and Syracuse. NRG provides an array of services to clients in the oil and gas, electric transmission and generation, and renewables and climate change industries including feasibility and routing, public affairs, GIS and data management, operational compliance, permitting and field surveys, and environmental inspection. Natural Resource Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Looking to be a part of an innovative and established organization that prioritizes its employees and is also admired by clients? Visit www.NRG-LLC.com for opportunities.
Preferred Method of Application