Communities and Markets Initiative Associate-Washington, DC.
Position Title: Communities and Markets Initiative Associate
Location: Washington DC.
Hours & Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: February 28, 2014
Forest Trends is an international non-profit organization that works to expand the value of forests to society; to promote sustainable forest management and conservation by creating and capturing market values for ecosystem services; to support innovative projects and companies that are developing these new markets; and to enhance the livelihoods of local communities living in and around those forests. We do this by analyzing strategic market and policy issues, catalyzing connections between forward-looking producers, communities and investors, and developing new financial tools to help markets work for conservation and people.
Forest Trends’ Communities and Markets Initiative supports community rights and livelihoods based on integrated natural resource management approaches, building local capacity to benefit from ecosystem services compensation and other economic incentives. We support communities’ land tenure rights as their right and the basis for securing their cultural identity and economic development, and as a pre-condition for their successful participation in environmental markets. Please seehttp://community.forest-trends.org for more information about this initiative.
The Communities and Markets Initiative is looking for a Program Associate to support its growing programmatic activity which seeks to link communities to environmental markets, and to create the awareness and capacity for communities to participate and benefit from payments and compensation schemes that recognize their stewardship role of ecosystem services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage website content including uploading and entering new resources
• Coordinate monthly publication of program newsletter including editing, formatting and uploading it to the on-line platform,
• Draft consultant agreements, contracts and track invoicing
• Provide support for writing grant proposals as well as writing and reporting on existing grants, including conducting research when needed.
• Support the process of creating program publication coordinating production activities with FT Communications team
• Provide logistical support for program meetings and staff travel
• Provide general program administrative support
• Excellent analytical, writing, research, organizational and time management skills
• A strong interest in the subject matter and ability to organize and clearly communicate information
• Undergraduate degree in related field
• Previous experience and interest in working with community groups
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking Brazilian Portuguese required, knowledge of Spanish a plus
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Rebecca Anzueto at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2014. Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject line.