Office Operations Manager-San Francisco, CA.
Position Title: Office Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA,
Hours & Compensation: Full time.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2014
Office Operations Manager
Park Stewardship & Service and Volunteer Resources
Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Are you passionate about parks, skilled at office operations, and enjoy working in a team?
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a dynamic environment, has strong organizational skills, administrative savvy, and shares our enthusiasm for volunteerism and restoration of these parklands.
The Park Stewardship Program works to connect people to the land by developing a sense of place, an understanding of interconnection, and opportunities for engagement and learning. These programs aim to restore and protect the integrity of the natural and cultural resources throughout the Park while building communities, both human and ecological. We believe it is the synergy between these elements that creates passionate and informed citizens invested in the health and future of parklands while engaging a broad constituency in support of public land.
The Service and Volunteer Resources Department is the portal and hub for parkwide service & volunteer programming. Working collaboratively with the National Park Service and the Presidio Trust, we engage and connect our community with the parks’ volunteer and service opportunities, build community and partnerships, and provide resources and support to park programs and volunteer management staff.
Office Operations Manager, Park Stewardship & Service and Volunteer Resources
The Office Operations Manager is responsible for supporting all the office related operations and providing administrative and staff support for the Park Stewardship Program and the Service and Volunteer Resources Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage department budgets – purchases, payments, donations, reconciliation and reporting
- Coordinate purchasing, inventory and organization of office and program supplies, materials, uniforms and tools
- Provide personnel support and resources, including orientation for new staff, as well as development and tracking of policies and procedures
- Manage web pages, including event calendar listings and registration pages, and create event e-blasts
- Maintain external postings sites for volunteer programs and events
- Serve as a lead database (HandsOn Connect) administrator, which involves uploading events, maintaining user manuals, and providing support to staff
- Create quarterly postcard for program workdays and mail to volunteer list
- Maintain the photo database
- Assist with Internship Program payments and administration
- Provide support for programs and special events as needed
- Schedule maintenance and general upkeep of vehicles and office building
- Conduct an annual safety meeting and maintain safety documents, emergency action plans, and first aid kits
- Upkeep and organization of small natural resource library
- Attend weekly staff meetings, web meetings, volunteer meetings and others related this position
- Demonstrated experience in running or organizing office operations in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle numerous tasks consecutively and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong organizational skills a must; efficient and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communications skills required
- Friendly, welcoming and outgoing personality; sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed is required
- Interest in natural resources and volunteerism
- Proficient computer skills; knowledge and familiarity with using MS Office
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
Preferred knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Convio CRM & CMS Administration, and In-Design
- Light book-keeping skills
- Light computer and equipment troubleshooting
- Bilingual (Spanish or Cantonese) a plus
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work is performed mostly in an office with some outdoor time
- Work is primarily performed sitting; regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment
- Work requires squatting and kneeling
- Frequently lifts, carries, and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Outdoor work may be performed in all kinds of weather and site conditions
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy endeavors to build a staff which reflects the diversity of our community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply