Senior Associate, Climate Fellowship-New York
Position Title: Senior Associate, Climate Fellowship
Location: New York
Hours & Compensation: Not listed
Application Deadline: Not listed
Echoing Green seeks a passionate and detail-oriented project manager and relationship builder with 7+ years of relevant experience. The Senior Associate, Climate Fellowship, will work to launch and support the new Echoing Green Climate Fellowship on a team that also supports our existing Global and Black Male Achievement Fellowships.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Every year, Echoing Green identifies approximately 40 incredible, ambitious, exciting potential leaders and then offers them two years of funding and support. This year we have launched a new program to support emerging leaders with innovative ideas to tackle the climate crisis. Echoing Green intends to be agnostic regarding various mitigation and adaptation responses – but seeks leaders for whom our model of seed funding and leadership development could be transformative.
Several Senior Associates are the direct liaisons to a portfolio of Echoing Green Fellows. Each Senior Associate also helps lead on team-wide priorities including our annual application process, regular conferences, etc. The team is supported by two Program Assistants.
The ideal candidate, then, is eager to operate and execute, and also impassioned about generating new ideas to align fellow programs with Echoing Green’s broader social change agenda.
Direct Fellow Support
- Liaise with a diverse, international portfolio of new Climate Fellows – writing their Individual Fellow Plans, monitoring their progress, and helping to identify resources and develop tools that support their success
- Directly manage support programs for fellows, including advisory service projects, where fellows are paired with outside experts who provide short-term consulting help to the fellow
External Relationship Management
- Senior Associates are often called upon to represent Echoing Green at public events
- Work productively with volunteers, corporate partners, and other constituents in the Echoing Green community.
- Identify and develop organizational partnerships (such as with universities, professional service firms, or other nonprofits) that would be of benefit to fellows
- With the team, provide program support to various gatherings including our Interview Week, New Fellows Retreats, and All Fellows Conferences.
- Support the highly-detailed process of gathering applications and monitoring the judging/review process using our online application system
- Can clearly explain your deep passion for the work of social entrepreneurs to address climate issues.
- Have a strong understanding of the climate field—the key definitions and science, the major institutional actors, recent history, etc. An advanced understanding of climate science is not required.
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission, with a commitment to social entrepreneurship and harnessing next generation talent.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ideally, the candidate has direct experience as a social entrepreneur. At a minimum, the candidate has a meaningful understanding of a start-up climate (where our Fellows are).
- An experienced networker, with some relevant existing networks and a readiness to build new ones with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams and across departments.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes.
- High level of comfort with software systems such as MS Office, Convio, and SalesForce.com.
Echoing Green has a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching
403(b) plan, paid time off, and other benefits.