Research/Relationship Management Intern-Boston, MA.
Organization: Advanced Energy Economy
Position Title: Research/Relationship Management Intern
Location: Boston, MA, US
Hours & Compensation: 40 hrs/week and $20/hr.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2014
Join Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) as we work to make the global energy system more secure, clean, and affordable. Just as the Internet economy transformed society in unexpected ways, the advanced energy economy has the potential to create dramatic new opportunities for economic growth in the U.S. and around the world. In working to create a better business climate for advanced energy, you will have an unprecedented opportunity to work on the cutting edge of energy policy. We are looking for the best and the brightest to join our team.
AEE seeks talented individuals with an interest in energy for a temporary paid research and relationship management position. Ideal candidates are recent college graduates available to spend at least through June 2014 with the organization, starting in February. Based on performance, there may be an opportunity to extend beyond June. The candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) in our Boston office.
This temporary position will be spread across two departments:
State and Regional Partnerships and the EPA 111(d) effort.
The assistance to the State and Regional Partnerships team included maintaining day-to-day business with state partner organizations through phone and email, as well as written summaries of work. This will also involve logistics and organizational assistance in planning a large events. Additionally, the intern will assist with landscape analysis of prospective states for partnership expansion, including due diligence of prospective partner organizations.
Under the EPA 111(d) project, the intern will assist on day-to-day research and writing assignments, including independent research and summarization of reports and studies, regular composition of news story summaries, writing blog posts, and assisting with logistics for a June event. The intern may be given the opportunity to contribute to research projects that may be distributed outside of the organization.
It is highly desirable that a candidate have energy industry experience and strong writing skills. Applicants should also be prepared to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft office products.
- Bachelors degree in Political Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Science Writing, or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong research, Microsoft excel and powerpoint skills.
- Intermediate-to-mid-level knowledge of the energy industry.
- Event planning experience.
- Juggle multiple assignments in an organized and disciplined manner.
- Perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Schedule and hold high-quality, professional conversations with high-level stakeholders.
- Compose well-written summaries of news stories.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Passion for AEE’s mission of moving the world to a secure, clean, affordable energy future.
- Project planning experience.
- Basic knowledge of EPA air regulation landscape.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, current resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org