Development Associate-Washington, DC
Organization: Environmental Law Institute
Position Title: Development Associate
Location: Washington, DC.
Hours & Compensation: Full time. $30,000 to $35,000 depending upon experience.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2014
For four decades, the Environmental Law Institute (ELI;www.eli.org) has played a pivotal role in shaping the fields of environmental law, policy, and management both domestically and internationally.
ELI seeks an individual to support the Institute’s Development Office. The Development Associate will report to the Senior Development and Special Events Manager and work closely with the Vice President for Development to help secure the resources needed to meet future environmental challenges. A major focus will be the ELI Award Dinner, one of the premier environmental events held each year in the nation’s capital. This fulltime position will start in April 2014.
- Assists the Senior Development and Event Manager and the Vice President for Development in achieving ELI fund-raising goals.
- Assists with the logistics of the annual Award Dinner, Leadership Council luncheons and other events.
- Manages the donor database and donor acknowledgement process. Assists with the preparation of donor prospect profiles.
- Coordinates mailings of event invitations, the Leadership Council Newsletter, fundraising appeals, and the annual report; keeps donor recognition programs up-to-date.
- Serves as ELI’s representative to EarthShare giving programs and submits applications and materials to maintain and increase EarthShare contributions.
Candidates should possess strong writing and interpersonal communication skills, as well as a desire to learn about the nonprofit sector and the environmental field. A strong academic background is required along with 1 – 2 years experience in nonprofit development including experience in events and a donor database such as Raiser’s Edge or eTapestry.
How to apply:
Submit an application package via ELI’s online application system (http://www.eli.org/employment). To be considered, your submission must include the completed online form, together with the following uploaded materials: (1) a cover letter; and (2) a current resume. Your cover letter should address your personal goals and interests, as well as your experience and interest in carrying out the duties outlined above.
Applications must be submitted to ELI no later than Friday, Feb. 28, 2014. Please note: you must use ELI’s online application system. ELI is unable to consider applications submitted by email, U.S. mail, or hand delivery; nor can late applications be considered. No phone calls, please. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical problems complying with these application instructions.
The Environmental Law Institute is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to achieving an inclusive, diverse workplace that values every individual. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.