Field Organizer-Smyrna, GA.
Position Title: Field Organizer
Location: Smyrna, GA.
Hours & Compensation: Pay: $2,000 a month for part-time work until October 31, 2014.
Application Deadline: Not listed.
Mothers & Others for Clean Air is expanding into a regional coalition of health-focused advocates that promote policy driven improvements in air quality. This project seeks to form partnerships, grow support and achieve concrete steps toward improved air quality in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Goals include:
- Establish support among academia, medicine, education and children’s interest groups.
- Increase air quality awareness information aimed at targeted supporters in addition to the general public.
- Promote M&O Public Policy Agenda as a guide for air action.
- Demonstrate public support for science-based federal air quality standards.
- Push for policies to reduce emissions from stationary and mobile sources.
- Urge policies for energy efficiency and energy alternatives in both the public and private sector.
- Implement a three-year funding plan.
- Establish a structure that includes partners, supporters, volunteers and advocates.
The Field Organizer will have direct responsibility for:
- Member Recruitment and Development: Oversee recruitment of new partner groups and individuals from medical/public health, academia, education, and child advocacy groups in Georgia and North Carolina. Coordinate on-line systems, materials and tools to identify, recruit, engage and develop partners, volunteers and leaders in the medical/public health and child advocacy fields, attend conferences and network with potential partner organizations. Support M&O Project Director in member advocacy trainings and presentations.
- Campaign Direction/Supervision: Develop and support campaign activities for M&O Partners and volunteers. Coordinate one member/grassroots event in Georgia and North Carolina.
- Communications: Develop social media outreach including action alerts, website, Facebook and twitter content.
- Fundraising/Financial Management: Plan and coordinate on-line/social networking technology to increase donations, etc. Assist Project Director with annual fundraising plan and activities.
- Four-year college degree in communication, health, environment or related fields.
- At least five years’ experience in grassroots volunteer mobilization or online or field organizing, and web-based constituent relationship management system.
- At least two years organizing experience with an environmental or public health organization.
- Ability to work independently. Good planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Strong organizational and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Experience with fundraising and nonprofit work.
- Proficiency with databases, MS Office; social media platforms, and willingness to learn other software programs.
- Willingness to travel out of state as needed.
- Must be a non-smoker
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Susan Berryman-Rodriguez, email@example.com.