Marketing Manager, Clean Transportation-San Diego, CA
Position Title: Marketing Manager, Clean Transportation
Location: San Diego, CA
Hours & Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Reports to: Sr. Marketing Manager
Available Openings: One
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Closes: Open until filled
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Number: 2013-51-San Diego-35R
- Provide marketing leadership to advance CCSE mission and position CCSE as thought leader in clean transportation
- Lead marketing strategy and tactics for Clean Transportation team to achieve program and contract goals
- Support Senior Marketing Manager and Senior Transportation Manager and partner with Marketing and Transportation colleagues to achieve goals
Primary Job Duties:
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for Transportation program and contracts.
- Use insights on target consumers to create and deliver impactful marketing campaigns including but not limited to events (workshops, conferences), strategic communication and partnerships (print and web articles, webinars, present at industry functions); advertising & promotion (paid, social and earned media, email marketing).
- Work with project managers overseeing projects for clients such as the Air Resources Board (ARB), fleet operators, auto dealerships, vehicle owners, city planners, academic researchers and other entities and program administrators to understand project needs and identify trends and opportunities to develop and implement effective marketing plans.
- Serve as main point of contact between Transportation and Creative Services teams to coordinate transportation marketing strategy and deliverables production.
- Manage as many as two junior marketing team members both directly and indirectly.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues in Building Performance and Renewable Energy to develop and cross-promote integrated offerings to key target audiences across technologies
- Assist with business development as needed.
- Manage dedicated marketing budgets in collaboration with project teams, including monthly invoicing and reconciliation of expenses. Report regularly on effectiveness of marketing efforts and measure quantitative and qualitative success.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Direct experience managing marketing campaigns and one or more of the following: developing and executing email marketing, creating web and video content, running advertising campaigns, creating and implementing social media strategy, executing market research (focus groups, surveys), analyzing and reporting on marketing metrics, and/or manipulating a contact management database.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding cross-functional communication skills with the proven ability to align internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand technical details as well as provide a broad vision.
- Excellent project management and budgeting experience.
- Collaborative team player.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing and executing marketing strategies and tactics in a mid-level marketing position. Experience managing social marketing campaigns is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management, sociology or any other field related to the primary job requirements is required; MBA or other interdisciplinary graduate degree is a plus.
- Automotive industry experience is a plus.
Computer and/or Technical Skills
Demonstrated high-level of abilities of various computer software programs and fluency in using standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Fluent with MS Office 2007 Suite and Windows XP.
License, Certificates or Registrations
Valid California Drivers License; insurable in the State of California.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Job responsibilities may require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. APM must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a CCSE vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.