Human Resources Spring 2014 Internship-CA
Position Title: Human Resources Spring 2014 Internship
Hours & Compensation: Part time. 20 hours/week
Application Deadline: Not listed.
Commitment: Feb 2014 – July 2014
Hours per week: 20
Unpaid Internship: Credit only
The CCSE, is seeking an energetic intern who is currently pursuing an education with an emphasis in Human Resources. The intern will learn about the hiring process as it relates to the Sustainable industry. The intern will be exposed to all aspects of Human Resources. The individual will perform administrative tasks as needed, including filing, typing and data entry. Individuals will also participate in general research and analysis on special HR projects, gaining hands-on experience in all aspects of Human Resources. The ideal candidate must possess a strong desire for hands-on experience, with the aspiration to expand upon skills already learned in the classroom.
NOTE: This is a credit-only internship where the intern must be earning academic credit towards their coursework.
SUMMARY: Assists with the employment recruitment and job placement activities of the organization by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Human Resources with administrative support as it relates to the daily operations of the department.
- Assist with the planning and organizing of the hiring process.
- Creates and maintains employee files and correspondence.
- Produces and mails applicant response & rejection letters.
- File ineligible applications and other documents pertaining to human resources.
- Observes telephone and face-to-face interviews
- Maintains, updates and assembles recruitment and benefit information such as brochures new employee packets and information about the organization, its opportunities and its benefits.
- Assists with organizing and maintaining record keeping systems.
- Researches and prepares drafts of materials relating to a variety of human resources topics.
- Participate and support in all other job functions in Human Resources Department as necessary.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer literate
- MS Word, Excel
- Required skills/experience
- Leadership experience is a must
- Must have outstanding attention to detail
- Program/Project/Event Management experience is a must
- Skilled in building successful relationships internally and externally
- Previous experience in recruiting a plus
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Flexible, open minded and forward thinking
- Willing and open to learning and to new ideas
- Strong organizational skills (planning and prioritizing) and ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and take initiative but also work well with coworkers in a team environment
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Internet savvy and passionate about digital media
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Must be in school for at least one more semester/quarter after the summer
Degrees with emphasis in Human Resources who are in their Junior or senior year of college are encouraged to apply.
- Download and fill the CCSE Internship Application Form.
- Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.