Program Coordinator-Oakland, CA.
Organization: California League of Conservation Voters
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Oakland, CA.
Hours & Compensation: $3,000/month, plus paid expenses
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The California League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (Ed Fund) is a nonpartisan 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated to improving the quality of the environment for all Californians. Our programs elevate the importance of environmental issues by educating Californians and involving them in the democratic process. In addition, we build the capacity of environmental organizations by developing and providing tools and resources to help them more effectively protect the environment. For more information about the Ed Fund please visit our website atwww.clcvedfund.org.
The Ed Fund works in close concert with its sister organization, the California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV), the political arm of the environmental movement. For more information about CLCV please visitwww.ecovote.org.
Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Political Director (located in Los Angeles, CA)
Employment Type: Contract/Part-time (up to 20 hours/week)
Time Commitment: This is a grant-funded contract position through June 30, 2014 with the possible option to extend.
Compensation: $3,000/month, plus paid expenses, per agreement.
Position Location: Negotiable
The Program Coordinator is responsible for implementation of the CLCV Education Fund (Ed Fund) California Voices Program. This is a field-based position responsible for managing program activities with a particular focus on key legislative districts. This includes ongoing planning and organizing of in-district meetings, maintaining contact with decision makers, their staff and key local community stake-holders including local and online media. The Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining metrics, contact and meeting notes, and reporting to senior staff. In-district meetings may occur in various strategically important legislative districts throughout the State of California. This includes identifying and meeting with legislators, the business community and public stakeholders on a preset schedule TBD, contacting and scheduling them for meetings and events, developing written evaluations and recommendations for use by Ed Fund staff and Board of Directors.
The Program Coordinator is also responsible for ongoing management of the current campaign plan and budget for each activity. The plan and budget are evolving documents responding to changes in Ed Fund resources or political climate. Additional responsibilities include contracting and managing of vendors and scheduling their services.
- Program planning and budgeting.
- Coordinating program activities (with input from other departments).
- Coordinating in-district meetings (with input from other departments).
- Managing metrics and reporting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three years’ professional experience in a similar capacity.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects independently and make use of project management tools.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred)
- Superior professional manner.
- Exceptional written, grammatical, and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Background in nonprofit organizations, including experience working with Boards of Directors and volunteers (preferably with C3 and C4 organizations).
- Background and/or interest in the environment and politics.
HOW TO APPLY:
CLCV Education Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified persons of all backgrounds to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.