Worker Coop Office Coordinator-Roosevelt, NY
Organization: Make the Road New York
Position Title: Worker Coop Office Coordinator
Location: Roosevelt, NY
Application Deadline: Not listed
Pa’lante Forward Green Cleaning is a worker cooperative that was incubated and launched in February of 2014 with the help of Make the Road New York (MRNY). Make the Road New York (www.maketheroadny.org) is a membership-based, community organization with offices in Bushwick, Brooklyn, Jackson Heights, Queens, and Port Richmond, Staten Island. We promote economic justice, equity and opportunity for all New Yorkers through community and electoral organizing, strategic policy advocacy, leadership development, youth and adult education, and high quality legal and support services.
This coop has 16 members who have worked together to build a new business for residential and commercial cleaning. All of the members of the coop are considered “Worker Owners” and decisions in the group are all made democratically with each owner having an equal vote.
The successful candidate for the position of Cooperative Office Coordinator will have:
§ Bi-lingual Spanish/English skills (required)
§ Prior experience in cleaning with an understanding of clients’ needs
§ A strong interest/background in worker/immigrant rights and the cooperative business model
- Strong customer service skills (i.e. responding to phone calls, problem solving with clients and coop members)
- 2+ years of relevant experience with accounting, payroll administration and Quickbooks
- Ability to learn quickly and be interested in developing a variety of new skills; be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; have the ability to work independently and in a team
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated experience of written and oral presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial/Business skills a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as Office Coordinator for Pa’lante Green Cleaning as an employee of MRNY
- Coordination of “Back office” – maintaining member and client records through their databases, answering customer calls, matching members with jobs, assisting with documentation of job estimates
- Conducting ongoing Client Satisfaction Surveys via phone and email
- Assist the cooperative with marketing efforts and ordering materials as needed
- Maintaining financial records and formulating monthly financial reports
- Posting cooperative invoices and receipts to accounting software
- prepare the books for year-end audits
- Process and review payroll and submit payroll reports as needed
- 20 hours/week, $15-$18/hour DOE
- The position will be based in MRNY’s office in Jackson Heights, Queens
How to apply:
Cover letter and resume should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Cooperative Office Coordinator” in Subject line.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.