Organization: Water Integrity Network
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Hours & Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: Monday 24 February 2014
WIN eV is looking for a dynamic, motivated person to fill the post of the Communications Coordinator, based at the Secretariat in Berlin, Germany.
The Water Integrity Network (WIN) was formed in 2006 to respond to increasing concerns among water and anti-corruption stakeholders over corruption in the water sector. WIN’s mission is to increase integrity levels and reduce corruption in the water sector through a pro-poor and pro-equity focus. It works with partners and influences decision-makers to facilitate active multi-stakeholder coalitions and to build capacities for the use of tools and strategies for water integrity at all levels.
Since 2006 the WIN secretariat had been hosted by Transparency International. In 2013 WIN e.V. was established as an independent legal entity in Berlin, Germany and is now hosting the WIN Secretariat. We maintain a strategic partnership with Transparency International.
The Communications Coordinator develops communication plans and products in support of WIN’s vision and mission as described in the WIN Global Strategy 2011-2016. The Communications Coordinator targets a variety of audiences and stakeholders, including partners and the press, organizes events and creates publications, online communications, and other media to communicate WIN’s messages for the water sector.
- Coordinate WIN communication and information services in accordance with the WIN Global Strategy 2011-2016 and the Strategy Implementation Plan 2014-2016;
- Develop and monitor implementation of communication plans to support WIN projects and programmes;
- Encourage virtual networking and information/experience sharing by developing and maintaining regular contact with partners;
- Coordinate communications support and deliverables for WIN key work areas;
- Develop and maintain functionalities and design of WIN web platforms;
- Manage and upload content to WIN’s social media space;
- Coordinate communications and press support for major international water events;
- Lead on WIN’s awareness raising activities, including developing content and scope of communication projects and liaising with partners and relevant donors;
- Coordinate the production of WIN publications including the management of content, style, editing, design, translation, printing and distribution;
- Share knowledge on WIN’s publications and projects, both internally and externally;
- Monitor news stories related to water and corruption, track coverage of WIN;
- Supervise interns and external consultants;
- Take care of other task areas as required by the line manager;
- Support networking and communications services in three working languages (English, French, Spanish).
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Higher degree in journalism, communications, development policies or a related discipline, with 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Successful experience in writing and editing communication pieces for a wide range of audiences, especially from the water sector;
- Experience in awareness raising on a subject relevant to this position;
- Good knowledge of and experience with Content Management Systems, website design and maintenance, virtual networking tools, WordPress and similar platforms;
- Experience and enthusiasm in managing effective social media presence;
- Knowledge of and strategic insight in the combination of water, environmental and integrity issues;
- Ability to translate requests from colleagues and senior managers into written online and print communications products;
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks professionally;
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing skills in English and knowledge of French and Spanish;
- Knowledge of designing tools, particularly InDesign and Photoshop, desirable.
Job Title: Communications Coordinator Contract: Full time 100 % position, 2 year contract Main function: To coordinate and strategically develop WIN’s Communications work Location: WIN-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany Reporting lines: Reports to the WIN Executive Director Starting date: As soon as possible Job grade:Programme Coordinator Remunerations: According to WIN salary scales, grade III
Other information about the post and duty station
WIN-S and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV, including references to:
Deadline for applications is Monday 24 February 2014.
In the recruitment process candidate’s motivations to apply and their early commitment towards supporting WIN’s vision, mission and aims promoting transparency, integrity and accountability together with its values and principles will be important considerations.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. WIN eV is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about WIN, visit our website atwww.waterintegritynetwork.net.