Programs Director, MassBike- Massachusetts
Job posted by: Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition
MassBike, the Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition, is seeking a full-time Programs Director. MassBike has dramatically expanded its program offerings, with a focus on education and technical assistance. The Programs Director is directly responsible for the Bikeable Communities Program, and also oversees the Education Program. The Bikeable Communities Programs includes advocacy, Complete Streets, and other bicycle-related trainings; bikeability assessments; bicycle planning assistance; public outreach assistance; research; and mapping. MassBike is involved in communities across the state, with a particular focus on underserved communities and neighborhoods. The Programs Director reports to the Executive Director and supervises the program staff (currently two full-time staff and occasional program interns).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the Program Team, including setting work priorities and timelines, monitoring progress, providing professional development opportunities, and providing mentorship.
- Review work product from programs staff and provide constructive feedback and final approval.
- Deliver trainings and presentations to local advocates and municipal officials statewide.
- Actively seek new mission-oriented contract and grant opportunities, in consultation with Executive Director and other staff.
- Maintain strong positive working relationships with current partners.
- Develop new relationships with potential partners, including local, state and federal officials; peer organizations such as other nonprofits; businesses; and local advocates.
- Work with partners to scope projects, develop budgets, and establish timelines.
- Maintain project timelines and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Refine and expand program offerings, including trainings, planning assistance, mapping, and built environment assessments.
- Manage all billing and reporting requirements for work done under contracts and grants.
- Work with Executive Director to maintain accurate financial records.
- Consult with Executive Director regarding management and strategy issues
Minimum qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years of relevant work experience; OR
- Master’s Degree in Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, or related field and one year of relevant work experience.
- Previous project management experience.
- Previous experience managing staff members.
- Interest and participation in bicycling.
- Knowledge of bicycle planning and policy best practices.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including demonstrated experience in public speaking.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat); Intuit QuickBooks.
- Flexibility for occasional work on weekends and evenings.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, including appropriate delegation of tasks.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
- Judgment to effectively prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- A driver’s license (unfortunately, we can’t bike everywhere)
How to apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two technical writing samples (no more than five pages each) to Jobs@MassBike.org.
Division of Ecological Restoration/Riverways Program
Mass. Dept. of Fish and Game
251 Causeway St., Suite 400
Boston, MA 02114
(617) 626-1505 (fax)