Portfolio Operations Associate-Cambridge, MA
Organization: Root Capital
Position Title: Portfolio Operations Associate
Location: Cambridge, MA
Hours & Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: March 21, 2014
The Portfolio Operations Associate performs loan transaction processing, compliance and reporting activities. The Associate serves a crucial role on the Lending team as the primary payment processor for Root Capital’s global loan portfolios. The Associate has regular direct communication with regional credit staff, Root Capital clients and their buyers to ensure optimal processing of loan transactions and delivery of account statements. Working closely with the Portfolio Operations Senior Manager, the Associate provides ongoing input towards the design and development of improvements to lending systems, policies and procedures. The Associate also serves an important role in liaising with the Accounting team to perform monthly reconciliations of loan transaction data.
- Loan Transaction Processing
- Process loan disbursements and repayments and perform related foreign currency trading activities.
- Provide excellent customer service to Root Capital’s borrowers and internally to regional credit staff.
- Initiate wire transfers and maintain online wire transfer template database.
- Manage wire transfer investigations and troubleshooting.
- Review and reconcile lending bank account transaction reports on a daily basis.
- Prepare client account statements, invoices and audit requests.
- Assist in maintaining user accounts and loan data, including loan terms, collateral and payment plans in loan management systems.
- Ensure initial and ongoing compliance with approved loan terms relevant to transaction processing in coordination with regional credit staff.
- Assist in the development and management of internal policy audits.
- Prepare monthly reports for all lending transactions and assist in the Accounting team’s monthly reconciliation.
- Provide regular inputs to design and perform functional testing of loan management systems improvements.
- Assist in creation and presentation of portfolio performance reports as needed.
- Support on-boarding of new staff through trainings.
- Participate in staff meetings and Brown Bag presentations.
- Represent the lending team in cross departmental initiatives.
- Be involved in new projects for both the Lending Team and Root Capital as they arise.
- Systems & Reporting
- Perform departmental responsibilities
- Other related activities as specified by the Portfolio Operations Senior Manager
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this role.
Qualifications and Experience
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proactive, creative problem solving attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
- 1+ year professional experience in accounting, financial services or operations.
- Must be fluent in oral and written Spanish.
- Strong client service philosophy and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Interest in business, economic development and the environment; shares Root Capital’s commitment to poverty alleviation and environmental conservation.
- Professional experience in treasury operations a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or accounting systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of French a plus.
- Familiarity with or interest in business technology systems.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
How to apply:
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Portfolio Op Associate” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “Portfolio Op Associate – Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.