Senior Marketing Manager-Watertown, MA
Organization: Pathfinder International
Position Title: Senior Marketing Manager
Location: Watertown, MA
Hours & Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: Not listed
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The External Relations group is responsible for all individual fundraising (from channels including major gift cultivation, direct mail and online), internal and external communications, stewardship of the organization’s brand and positioning and management of Pathfinder’s online properties and channels. The External Relations group partners with all departments within Pathfinder and successfully communicates Pathfinder’s core values and mission.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, overseeing, and executing a comprehensive marketing program for individual donors with a heavy emphasis on optimizing donor acquisition channels such as directmail and online. The successful individual will manage a budget and revenue targets. S/he strives for operational excellence that enables Pathfinder and the External Relations staff members to continue to grow, evaluate, develop and implement marketing best practices. The Senior Marketing Manager works closely with Senior Management to create business strategies for donor acquisition, engagement and retention. This is a highly collaborative role requiring masterful communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse staff and numerous external vendors. The Senior Marketing Manager leads by example using Pathfinder values and competencies to build exceptional partnerships worldwide.
- Lead cross functional teams and manage a diverse pool of external vendors, building and optimizing marketing channels.
- Collaborate with senior staff and colleagues to improve donor experience, raise value of major donor portfolio, improve online -web experience, and lead new product development.
- Leverage online and offline marketing channels and cross-team collaboration.
- Provide the strategic vision and collaborative leadership necessary to plan and implement an effective and comprehensive three-year strategic plan for marketing channels designed to build a small dollar individual giving program.
- As part of the strategic vision, identify innovative marketing channels such as direct mail, on-line giving, telemarketing, canvassers and events.
- Oversee the annual marketing budget, maximizing revenue from new and existing donors and improving cost per acquisitions and long-term donor value.
- Collaborate with all External Relations staff integrating all fundraising and communication efforts.
- Track performance and forecast individual giving marketing channel projections.
- Drive the development and implementation of marketing policies and procedures in a continuous effort to improve Pathfinder’s marketing strategy.
- Analyze marketing channels and take appropriate action and responsibility for continuous improvement and effectiveness. Regularly report to the VP of External Relations on finding and next steps.
- Encourage creative and innovative marketing approaches to address the business strategy.
- Mentor, coach and train appropriate Pathfinder staff on marketing skills, policies and procedures.
- Partner with External Relations staff in building and leading a high functioning team by setting clear standards and deliverables, demonstrating respect and dignity for every role and communicating in a transparent and direct manner.
- Perform other related fundraising duties and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and eight to ten years of professional experience in successful marketing including development operations, direct mail and on-line marketing channels with increasingly responsible positions.
- Proven ability to optimize analytically-driven marketing channels to maximize donor value and return on marketing investment.
- Strong management skills. Success in increasing the effectiveness of direct and cross-functional staff through established objectives, performance standards, quantifiable benchmarks, and coaching.
- Strategic thinker and excellent communicator with the ability to present information, make recommendations, and positively influence across various levels of the organization while exercising professionalism and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent computer/software skills in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and accounting software packages, with proven ability to learn new systems.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), including editing and proofreading.
- Solid interpersonal, networking and cross-cultural skills.
- Ability to exercise sound and timely judgment and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed up to 35% time.
- Integrity and highest ethical standards.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to assess priorities manage a variety of activities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with budgets and financial reports.
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with donors, volunteers, program management, technical staff, and diverse employees in various other business areas of the organization.
- Experience and/or strong interest and familiarity with the fundamental connection between development and communications both broadly and in the context of on-line engagement.
- A multi-disciplinary thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate Pathfinder’s mission and work to diverse constituencies.
- Commitment to Pathfinder’s mission, purpose, and values.
- Experience living or working in developing countries that aids in the understanding of program context, field realities, and technical needs preferred.
- Experience raising money for international programs.
- Master’s Degree.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please apply
online at: http:www.pathfinder.org/about-us/careers/employment-opportunities/