Administrative Support II-CA
Organization: Palo Alto Institute for Research & Education
Position Title: Administrative Support
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Hours & Compensation: $17,000 – 20,000/annual
Application Deadline: Not listed
The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking an Administrative Support position to provide administrative support to the PAIRE CEO and manage the office processes, such as distributing mail, placing work orders, maintaining and ordering office supplies, processing vendor checks, maintaining delegation of signature data, and coordinating the document retention process.
This is a regular, full time (40 hrs/wk), non-exempt position.
As a condition of employment, all PAIRE employees are required to have an approved (WOC) appointment with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) before they can commence work.
Administrative Assistant to CEO:
- Schedule meetings and coordinate CEO’s calendar;
- Prepare Board packets for Board meetings;
- Organize and maintain official institutional electronic files for PAIRE’s policies;
- Maintain official CEO hard copy files;
- Provide clerical support for CEO’s correspondence and reports as requested.
Office Administrative Functions:
- Answer main office phone line, directing and transferring calls as necessary;
- Greet guests and direct them to appropriate staff;
- Update and maintain PAIRE website;
- Log incoming checks onto excel log sheet;
- Maintain Delegation of Signature binder/spreadsheet & necessary follow-up;
- Schedule service for office equipment as needed;
- Place and follow-up on all office work orders;
- Maintain all internal office processes and lists;
- Coordinate document retention process for the organization and serve as point of contact for document retention vendor to pull / return files as needed;
- Monitor and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and supply deliveries;
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, as needed;
- Maintain weekly Conference Room calendars and respond to reservation requests as needed;
- Create, update, and ensure continuous quality improvement in systems and processes for this position and create / update Standard Operating Procedures as needed;
- Other duties may include but are not limited to: filing, new hire packet preparation, upload documents to research website, and quarterly inventory of all office computers/printers.
- Balance workload across departments and work on special projects as needed.
- EDUCATION: HS diploma required; BA/BS degree (or equivalent) preferred;
- EXPERIENCE: One year in office environment/related experience required; 2-3 years desired;
- Demonstrated experience working in an office supporting a department and/or senior manager;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with a focus on customer service;
- Able to work cooperatively and with a professional and polite manner;
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills: Word, Excel, and Access;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and use good time management;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to complete directed tasks independently;
- Strong understanding of office procedures, filing systems, and office machines;
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
- No exposure to blood borne pathogens;
- No exposure to radiation;
- No exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals or reagents;
- No exposure to a lab environment.
How to apply
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in applying for employment with PAIRE and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department.
To be considered for this position you must apply via thePAIRE website and include a cover letter addressed to “Hiring Manager,” your resume, and 3 professional references.