Manager for Individual and Corporate Stewardship-Philadelphia, PA
Organization: Philadelphia Mural Arts Program
Position Title: Manager for Individual and Corporate Stewardship
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hours & Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The Philadelphia Mural Arts Program unites artists and communities through a collaborative process, rooted in the traditions of mural making, to create art that transforms public spaces and individual lives. We carry out our mission by annually engaging more than 20,000 people in the creation of 50 to 100 public art projects, including 2,000 individuals enrolled in one of our three core programs—Art Education for Youth, Restorative Justice for inmates and those re-entering society, and Porch Light for those in treatment for trauma, addiction, or mental illness. Through the liberating, joyful, and open context of artistic co-creation, we galvanize diverse constituencies, give voice to myriad perspectives, enhance the built environment, and bring visibility to issues in a way that sparks changes in perception and policy.
We are regularly recognized as a force for excellence and innovation in public art. Most recently, we had projects honored by the Public Art Network, the Venice Biennale, and the United Nations. A current exhibition at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts positions our work as a leading model for “social practice”, a term applied to creative processes developed by artists and arts organizations to address and ameliorate social, economic, and environmental challenges. We attract interest from an international audience of artists, scholars and practitioners, who attend conference sessions on our work, register for convenings we host in Philadelphia, and set up professional consultancies with our staff. More than 12,000 visitors annually participate in public and private tours led by our Tours Department.
The Manager for Individual and Corporate Stewardship will help diversify Mural Arts’ base of support by increasing the size and number of gifts made by individuals and corporations. This position is full time and reports to Mural Arts’ Director of Development. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing our annual appeal and targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Proposing levels and benefits for individuals and corporations.
- Preparing written materials and packets targeted to these audiences.
- Managing fulfillment of benefits for corporate and individual donors.
- Managing donor-oriented events designed to draw people closer to the work of the organization.
- Stewarding/cultivating an assigned portfolio of key individual and corporate stakeholders.
- Conducting routine prospect research on individuals and corporate prospects.
- Working closely with the Board’s Development Committee and our Major Gifts Consultant.
- Helping to develop projects requested by corporations, in collaboration with artistic staff.
- Representing the organization at public events.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record in individual giving.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively to meet departmental goals.
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia arts and culture landscape preferred.
- Experience managing donor events preferred.
- More than five years experience in the field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
How to apply:
Please provide a resume and cover letter addressed to Caitlin Butler, Director of Development, email@example.com. Please state salary requirements in your cover letter. Candidates who advance in our selection process will be asked to submit writing samples.