NARUC Program Assistant-Washington, DC.
Position Title: NARUC Program Assistant
Location: Washington, DC.
Hours and Compensation: Full time. Commensurate with Experience
Application Deadline: March 12, 2014
National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC), a 501c4 trade association, seeks a Program Assistant for its Grants & Research Department. This position provides administrative support services for total grant programs exceeding $4 million annually.
This position will provide administrative assistance to a number of grant-funded projects focused on energy, security and environmental policy. In particular, this position will: provide administrative support for our current grants; assist with meetings, webcasts and conference calls; and collect, review and processes requests for travel reimbursement. Travel may be required as much as 6 times per year.
Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated interest in the energy, environmental, public policy, economics, or a related field. Experience as a Program Assistant or similar role, preferably in a non-profit environment, preferred. Must also possess: strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, solid organizational skills and solid computer skills (in particular, proficiency with Microsoft Office software). Please forward your resume and cover letter to: Director of Grants and Research atGRjobs@naruc.org. No calls please.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The Program Assistant is responsible for implementing administrative support duties for NARUC’s Grants and Research Department.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Works with NARUC’s Director of Grants and Research and other Program Officers to:
1.Assist with meetings; webcasts and conference calls;
2.Assist with the maintenance of the web-based information;
3.Coordinate with NARUC members and other stakeholders on issues related to particular projects;
4.Compile grant information;
- Collects and processes requests for travel reimbursement: reviews expenses and ensures the reimbursement are in compliance with funder regulations; files such information as requested by the funder.
- Collects other direct cost receipts, prepares/files check requests forms, enters credit card charges/expense reports into the Deltek Time and Expense software;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Abilities and Key Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff.
- Work independently when required or as part of a team.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively present detailed information and to respond to inquiries.
- Proficiency with common office software, such as Excel, Word, and Acrobat.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: Director of Grants and Research at GRjobs@naruc.org