Site Designer-Francisco, CA
Organization: Rainforest Action Network
Position Title: Site Designer
Location: Francisco, CA
Hours and Compensation: Not listed
Application Deadline: Not listed
For 27 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. Called “some of the most savvy environmental agitators in the business” by The Wall Street Journal, RAN runs creative campaigns to protect forests, stem climate change and defend human rights by pressuring and inspiring the corporations doing the most environmental harm.
Working directly with our Digital Engagement Director and Digital Production & Design Coordinator, the Site Designer will be working to iterate new micro sites that drive Action (it’s our middle name, after all). This new position will be responsible for the following:
- Main site maintenance: Keeping the site fresh and building out pages as needed.
- Vision and Action: Working with RAN’s savvy campaigners to build out an experience that raises the level of action and collaboration amongst activists.
- Strategic campaign sites: Driving clever micro-sites that make targets quiver and activists take action.
- Visual Storytelling: A major part of good campaigning is telling a good story. It takes people from idea > explanation > connection > Action!
- Engagement: The ideal candidate will need to be always thinking about engagement.
- A minimum of 1 year experience building websites, preferably for advocacy organizations and/or campaigns
- Handcoding of HTML
- Experience building responsive sites
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a culture with tight deadlines and multiple projects at once
- Intuitive and excellent visual eye
- Interest in issues such as nonviolent direct action, grassroots organizing, corporate social responsibility, protecting rainforests, climate change, sustainable agriculture, commodity supply chains, biodiversity, human rights, and Indigenous rights
- Excellent prioritization and time-management skills
Note: You must be able to work legally in the United States.
In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and strategic communications to challenge corporations to phase out destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that mitigate their contributions to deforestation and global warming.
RAN values diversity, educates staff on issues including privilege and oppression, and integrates these values into all of our work. We are seeking candidates who are committed to engaging in this process and working with us to create a just, inclusive, and sustainable work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities.
How to apply
Please send resume and letter of interest email@example.com.