Senior Community Manager, Aviation and Aerospace Industries- NYC
Organization: World Economic Forum USA
Position Title: Senior Community Manager, Aviation and Aerospace Industries
Location: New York, NY, 10022, US
Hours and Compensation: not listed
Application Deadline: not listed
The World Economic Forum USA is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas. Incorporated as a non-profit business league (approved §501(c)6 of the IRS code) and based in New York, the World Economic Forum USA is impartial and not-for-profit; it is tied to no political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American affiliate of the World Economic Forum, a non-profit foundation based in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
World Economic Forum USA is seeking a Senior Community Manager to manage and grow the Forum’s community of airline, travel services and aerospace Members and Partners. The Aviation and Travel (AT) Industry Partnership programme offers airlines, aircraft manufacturers, tour operators and hospitalityindustry leaders the opportunity to join an exclusive community of peers who define and address critical industry issues through a shared learning and action-oriented platform
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with managers and senior executives from aviation and aerospace Industry Partners to ensure that the Forum partnership delivers value and provides extraordinary customer service
- Collaborate with fellow community managers in the Forum’s Centre for Global Industries and colleagues from other departments within the Forum to deliver value to AT Industry Partners consistent with the Forum’s mission of improving the state of the world
- Provide ad hoc community management support for other mobility Partners with aviation interests (e.g. cargo express companies)
- Lead relationships with aerospace and aviation policy-makers to engage them in the Forum activities
Content, Knowledge and Communications Management
- Manage aviation-specific projects and initiatives, often in collaboration with leading professional services firms, top universities and experts from the Forum’s Network of Global Agenda Councils
- Support the Forum’s portfolio of projects and initiatives for Aviation Industry Partners; engage the aviation, travel and aerospace Industry Partners in Forum initiatives such as: Connected World: Transforming Travel, Transport and Supply Chains; Skills & Talent Development for the Aviation & Travel Industry, and others.
- Conveying key findings from the above initiatives in high-profile industry-specific events
- Monitor relevant developments on industry issues; collect and synthesize all relevant industry publications on issues that the community is addressing as well as media coverage of the industry
- Create and execute strategic account plans to engage new aviation, aerospace and travel partners in the programme and meet community development targets
- Prepare engagement materials (presentation; programme of activities) tailored to each account
- Travel to meet executives from potential aviation partners to listen to strategic challenges, provide an overview of the World Economic Forum and explore potential engagement opportunities
- Prepare and execute outstanding industry-focused sessions and Forum activities through both virtual and on-site meetings, leveraging the Forum’s official events
- Master’s degree from a leading university, preferably in economics, environmental sciences, business administration, public policy, aviation studies, international affairs or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of five years professional experience
- Direct industry experience or experience with the aviation or aerospace practice of a professional services firm is desirable
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize effectively under pressure and multitask in a time-efficient manner
- Customer-focused and service-oriented; an open and honest team player
- Fluent in English and proficient in at least one other language
- Committed to the Forum’s mission with a strong interest in global business and environmental issues
How to Apply
To apply, please go to the Careers page of the Forum’s website at http://www.weforum.org/en/about/Careers/index.htm and click on “New York Job Openings”.
You will join the Forum as part of our Global Leadership Fellows Programme (www.weforum.org/glf). As such, you will be fully integrated in the World Economic Forum and benefit from an intensive work and learning experience intended to develop and train future leaders of global enterprises and international organizations. The Global Leadership Programme is designed by the World Economic Forum in collaboration with its worldwide network of distinguished experts and leaders.