Senior Community Manager, Automotive Industry- NYC
Organization: World Economic Forum USA
Position Title: Senior Community Manager, Automotive Industry
Location: New York, NY, 10022, US
Hours and Compensation: not listed
Application Deadline: not listed
The World Economic Forum USA is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas. Incorporated as a non-profit business league (approved §501(c)6 of the IRS code) and based in New York, the World Economic Forum USA is impartial and not-for-profit; it is tied to no political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American affiliate of the World Economic Forum, a non-profit foundation based in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
World Economic Forum USA is seeking a Senior Community Manager to manage and grow the Forum’s community of automotive Members and Partners. The Automotive (AU) Industry Partnership programme offers automotive manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers the opportunity to join an exclusive community of peers who define and address critical industry issues through a shared learning and action-oriented platform.
- Create strategic account plans to manage existing automotive partners in the programme
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with managers and senior executives from Automotive Industry Partners to ensure that the Forum partnership delivers value and provides extraordinary customer service
- Collaborate with fellow industry managers and colleagues from other departments in the Forum to deliver value to automotive Industry Partners consistent with the Forum’s mission of improving the state of the world
- Provide ad hoc community management support for other mobility Partners with automotive interests (e.g. mobility providers)
- Create strategic account plans to engage new automotive partners in the programme and meet community development targets
- Travel to meet executives from potential automotive partners to listen to strategic challenges, provide an overview of the World Economic Forum and explore potential engagement opportunities
Content and Knowledge
- Manage automotive-specific projects and initiatives, often in collaboration with leading professional services firms, top universities and experts from the Forum’s network
- Support the Forum’s portfolio of projects and initiatives for Automotive Industry Partners; engage the automotive industry Partners in Forum initiatives such as: Making Self-Driving Vehicles a Reality; Enabling Automotive Trade, and others
- Monitor relevant developments on industry issues; collect and synthesize all relevant industry publications on issues that the community is addressing as well as media coverage of the industry
- Organize and execute outstanding industry-focused events, sessions and Forum activities through both virtual and on-site meetings
- Graduate degree from a leading university, preferably an MBA or a relevant Master’s degree in economics, public policy, transportation studies or international affairs
- Minimum of five years professional experience
- Direct industry experience or experience with automotive project work at a professional services firm is highly desirable
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong business experience in Germany, China or Japan is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize effectively under pressure and multitask in a time-efficient manner
- Customer-focused and service-oriented, an open and honest team player
- Fluent in English and proficient in at least one other language
- Strong commitment to the Forum’s mission with a strong interest in global business and environmental issues
How to Apply
To apply, please go to the Careers page of the Forum’s website athttp://www.weforum.org/en/about/Careers/index.htmand click on “New York Job Openings”.
You will join the Forum as part of our Global Leadership Fellows Programme (www.weforum.org/glf). As such, you will be fully integrated in the World Economic Forum and benefit from an intensive work and learning experience intended to develop and train future leaders of global enterprises and international organizations. The Global Leadership Programme is designed by the World Economic Forum in collaboration with its worldwide network of distinguished experts and leaders.