UNU-EHS/EMSVA Migration Internship-Germany
Organization: United Nations University in Bonn
Hours and Compensation: Unpaid
Application Deadline: 14 March 2014
Organizational Unit: United Nations University – Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
Reference Number: UNU-EHS/EMSVA/2014
Application deadline: 14 March 2014
United Nations University’s Mission: The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. For more information, please visit www.unu.edu.
UNU-EHS : established in December 2003, addresses the risk and vulnerability aspects of human security and the consequences of complex environmental hazards for sustainable development. The work of UNU‐EHS helps to improve the in‐depth understanding of the cause effect relationships to find ways to reduce risks and vulnerabilities. The Institute supports policymakers and decision makers with evidence‐based research and information. www.ehs.unu.edu
SECTION :Environmental Migration, Social Vulnerability & Adaptation Section – EMSVA
- Supporting the EMSVA section in the search for funding opportunities and proposals writing;
- Developing and updating stakeholders and literature databases for the section;
- Assisting in work related to the MECLEP project, “Where the Rain Falls” project follow-up, the Climate Change and Migration – COST Action IS1101 and other upcoming projects;
- Any other duties as may be assigned or required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Field of Study: Under graduate/Postgraduate studies in Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Migration Studies or other Social Sciences
Essential Skills and attributes:
- Fluency in English. knowledge of other UN languages and/or German will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of SPSS and other statistical packages;
- Basic understanding of the concepts of climate change adaptation, resilience and social vulnerability;
- Background in data collection and analysis assistance;
- Familiarity with social impacts of migration in the context of climatic and environmental change;
As soon as possible
How to apply:
By email to:email@example.com
Interested applicants should submit their application, preferably by e-mail, and must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Cover letter in English: outlining your motivations, possible contributions to the programme and future career goals;
- Completed UNU-EHS application form (downloadable at: www.ehs.unu.edu/article/read/about-the-internship-programme-at-unu-ehs under Links & Documents);
- Two letters of recommendation.
For more information about the UNU-EHS internship programme, please visit the website: www.ehs.unu.edu/article/read/about-the-internship-programme-at-unu-ehs
Workforce diversity is essential to UNU. Suitably qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds including minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be handled with the strictest confidence.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applications will not be acknowledged nor returned.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org