Market Strategies Program Manager-Lexington, MA
Organization: Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships, Inc.
Location: Lexington, MA.
Hours and Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: Not listed.
Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (“NEEP”) is seeking a Market Strategies Program Manager to manage NEEP’s regional projects to accelerate the adoption of highly efficient emerging technologies in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. A member of NEEP’s Market Strategies Team, this full-time position manages NEEP’s Emerging Technologies initiatives and its new Commercial Advanced Lighting Controls (CALC) project as well as supports the development of regional initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Energy Efficiency Strategies and interfaces with NEEP’s sponsors, partners, state and federal agencies, and the energy efficiency industry.
Founded in 1996, NEEP is a regional nonprofit that promotes the efficient use of energy in homes, buildings and industry in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states. NEEP advances cutting-edge products and practices through coordinated, whole-building efficiency programs and policies. Saving energy creates a stronger economy, a cleaner environment and a more reliable and affordable energy system. For more information visit www.neep.org.
The Market Strategies Program Manager furthers NEEP’s mission via research, development and management of recommended regional strategies to accelerate the market adoption of both residential sector and commercial sector emerging technologies; management of processes, relationships and events with NEEP sponsors, state agencies, trade allies and other stakeholders to inform strategy development and implementation across the region; research to track and highlight relevant best practice programs to achieve market adoption goals in New England, New York, and the Mid-Atlantic region; communications and outreach to build understanding of and support for consistent and broad regional strategy implementation and evaluation; and strategic coordination with relevant national, federal and other regional efforts. The Market Strategies Manager reports to the Director of Energy Efficiency Strategies and is a member of the Market Strategies team which includes Associates or Interns and other Program Managers. This position involves some travel to effectively serve the region and coordinate with related national efforts.
Strategy Planning, Research and Development:
- Planning: Assist preparation of annual program plans and budgets, and inform proposal development to guide and secure resources for NEEP activities.
- Strategy Development: Facilitate development of regional strategies with annual updates to achieve major energy savings from the accelerated market adoption of high efficiency products in the residential and commercial sectors (e.g., lighting, appliances, business and consumer electronics, HVAC, water heating).
- Research, Analysis and Tracking: Conduct market research and analysis to support strategy development and preparation of annual updates; track relevant programs, technologies, policies and market developments
Facilitation, Coordination and Management:
- Partnership Groups: Facilitate and coordinate the activities of Working Groups and Leadership Advisory Committees for one or more projects to inform and support regional strategy development and implementation – recruit, orient and actively engage participants; plan and execute meetings; develop, reports, presentations and relevant follow up to maintain constructive and valued relationships with NEEP sponsors, trade allies and other relevant stakeholders.
- Market Activities: Track market developments; build and maintain working relationships with leading trade allies; provide information to facilitate development and implementation of cooperative promotional activities between market actors and efficiency program administrators.
- Strategic Coordination: Coordinate project activities with the ENERGY STAR Program and related national and regional efforts including participation in selected conferences and workshops (e.g., ACEEE, CEE, TopTen USA, AESP).
- Internal Coordination: Coordinate project activities and materials with other NEEP projects to advance energy efficiency (e.g., building energy codes, appliance efficiency standards, Regional Evaluation, Measurement and public policy outreach) and actively participate in and contribute to NEEP staff meetings and activities to advance NEEP’s mission.
- Reporting: Prepare quarterly and annual progress reports and provide information as needed for internal and external communications.
- Presentations & Publications: Facilitate and assist preparation of presentations and reports and speak publicly to increase the visibility and understanding of strategies, activities and results.
- Media: Manage NEEP high efficiency products web-based resource center updates; prepare regular blog and newsletter contributions; and assist preparation of news releases.
- Workshops and Webinars: Plan and hold in-person and web-based events to support strategy development and implementation across the region.
- Minimum of three years of experience in energy efficiency program planning, delivery and/or evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing complex projects involving multiple participants and perspectives
- Expertise in energy efficiency products, programs, market analysis and structures
- Experience and skills in project and budget management and reporting
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in business, marketing, or energy/environmental studies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including proficient use of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, along with a knowledge of current and emerging social media.
How to apply:
To apply please email a resume, along with a cover letter stating where you saw this posting and outlining your interest, to Bob McTighe at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
NEEP is committed to an organizational culture of inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to a policy of non‑discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, and physical or mental disability. We apply this policy to assure non‑discriminatory practices in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and all other activities. It also supports our capacity to achieve our mission to accelerate energy efficiency with broad participation across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region.