Associate Director, Managed Organizations-Washington, DC
Organization: Arabella Advisors, LLC
Position Title: Associate Director.
Location: Washington, DC.
Hours and Compensation: Full time.
Arabella Advisors seeks an entrepreneurial, socially engaged professional to help our clients launch and manage innovative social sector projects. Our new associate director will have the opportunity to help build and lead one of the country’s fastest-growing public charities. You will manage a diverse client and project portfolio, work closely with philanthropists and other key stakeholders, and use business savvy to drive social sector projects and organizational growth.
- Serve as a relationship and project manager for a portfolio of projects, including client relationship management, proposal and grant/contract management, and financial and legal compliance.
- Act as primary liaison with philanthropic partners to develop, structure and maximize the impact of public interest programs
- Support new business development by meeting with potential clients, evaluating projects, and developing collateral, proposals and budgets
- Contribute to the team and organization’s significant year-over-year growth by innovating our operations and processes
- Develop new services based on donor and client needs
- Develop relevant expertise in philanthropy, grant management, technology and business processes
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of work experience with steadily increasing responsibility
- Experience in philanthropy and/or business
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects, oversee and delegate to others, and meet deadlines
- Personal presence and intellectual heft needed to work effectively with sophisticated and demanding partners
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness that spurs innovation and problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps philanthropists and investors pursue their social and environmental goals more effectively. Our platform of services enables clients to use all of their assets—grants, investments, relationships, time, and talent—to achieve greater good.
We work with large foundations and corporations, as well as families and individuals, to develop strategic focus, execute projects, evaluate grantees and programs, invest for impact, efficiently manage grants and funds, and continually learn and innovate. Our team is socially minded and entrepreneurial, always looking for ways to make the world a better place by better serving our clients.
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to two public charities, a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). Both managed organizations serve as fiscal sponsors to new and innovative public interest projects and non-profits, as well as coordinate donor collaboratives and grants programs. The organizations support a range of public interest projects, the majority of which focus on conservation and global health. The organizations have also managed programs focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
A Career with Arabella
We are dedicated to creating a fun, flexible and healthy work environment. Our firm is also committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. Arabella offers 100% premium paid health, vision, dental, prescription insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, personal and volunteer leave time, a 401K match, fitness benefit, pre-tax commuter benefit and more.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit www.arabellaadvisors.com and select the Careers link in the upper, right hand corner. Once there, please click on the job you’re interested in applying for and follow the link at the bottom of the job listing. Any application not received through the online portal will not be accepted. Thank you.