Executive Assistant-New York, NY.
Organization: Blue Marble Project
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Location: New York, NY
Hours and Compensation: Full time.
Application Deadline: March 14, 2014
Seeking an Executive Assistant to an independent environmental advocacy and strategy consultant. As the Executive Assistant, you will manage the day-to-day operations of a startup “eco-political” firm, working directly with the President and a small staff. This includes managing the workflow of the firm, the President’s schedule and “to do” list, as well as administrative tasks that enable the President to minimize time spent on professional and personal clerical and administrative tasks. In this crucial role, your goal will be to assist, organize and support the President’s heavy workload on multiple projects.
- Manage the president’s calendar; schedule, organize and follow up on large volume of meetings with high profile contacts; compile and distribute meeting minutes; prepare meeting briefs in advance of high profile engagements
- Bookkeeping, including recording revenue and expenditures, managing multiple bank and credit card accounts in QuickBooks; manage cash flow, check writing and fund transfers; produce monthly budgets (for president’s review and approval)
- Record keeping, including relevant tax documents (for use by outside accountant to prepare tax returns); organization of documents and financial summaries
- Produce and submit invoices, including expense reimbursements, for billing clients
- Track the President’s task list; assist the President in meeting deadlines and following up on meetings and requests
- Oversee HR processes, including searches, hiring, payroll, insurance, etc.
- Help prepare memoranda, grant reports, occasional research reports; proofread documents for grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Handle professional and personal clerical tasks (e.g., paying bills, scheduling appointments, data entry, filing) for the President
- Make travel arrangements; and respond to mail and email correspondence
- Manage contracts and contract compliance for clients and subcontractors
- Manage all lobbying reporting, as needed
- Maintain physical and electronic filing systems
- Manage all facility, telecom, computer maintenance requests and office supply orders
- Maintain/update social media platforms and web content for the firm and clients
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
The individual filling this position must be highly organized and detail oriented, energetic, dependable and good-natured and -humored, driven by a desire to help the firm and the president accomplish significant environmental goals. Working behind the scenes, you must be adept at “managing up,” multi-tasking and facilitating effective and professional communication among the staff and with the firm’s clients, partners and colleagues. This firm offers a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to work alongside a respected and influential leader in the environmental field.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Strong proficiency in Mac systems and MS Office Suite
- Minimum 1 year of administrative experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with ability to complete tasks on deadline
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion, tact and good judgment
- Ability to work independently in the absence of specific instruction, and use one’s initiative in ensuring tasks are completed
- Experience managing social media profile and web content
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Willingness to work at night and on weekends in a crunch
- Minimum 1 year of bookkeeping experience; high proficiency in QuickBooks
- Willingness to commit to two years in position
- Background in environmental issues and campaigns
- Familiarity with NY State and Federal business laws and tax codes, e.g. NY State Dept. of Labor hiring processes, etc.
- Full time, salaried position
- Salary: commensurate with position and experience
- Location: 1115 Broadway (across the street from Madison Sq. Park); some flexibility re: telecommuting
- Target start date: April 1, 2014 (or earlier)
- Paid Vacation: 3 weeks to start (two weeks plus Christmas-New Year’s week) + all federal holidays (two of which are swappable for religious observation days)
- Paid sick/personal leave policy
- Health benefits TBD: negotiable as part of compensation package
How to apply:
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter, with salary history, as attached documents to David Craig email@example.com. No phone calls, please.