Executive Assistant-Silver Spring, MD
Organization: Potomac Conservancy
Position Title: Office Coordinator & Executive Assistant
Location: Silver Spring, MD.
Hours and Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: March 14, 2014
Potomac Conservancy seeks an energetic team player who can expertly manage the office and provide administrative support to the President while also serving as part of the Conservancy’s fundraising team. This is a great opportunity to support the inner workings of a dynamic nonprofit and expand multiple professional competencies.
Founded in 1993, Potomac Conservancy is a vibrant and growing environmental organization. We are the area’s leading clean water advocate, advancing an agenda to ensure the Potomac River boasts clean drinking water, healthy lands, and connected communities. Potomac Conservancy combines the grassroots power of 10,000 members and online activists with local land conservation and policy initiatives to strengthen the Voice of the Nation’s River.
You will be joining a fun and entrepreneurial team of dedicated staff members who seek to improve the water quality of the Potomac and its tributaries by motivating and activating an impassioned base of river advocates to impart change at the local and state levels. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in conservation, is a stellar writer and has an ability to juggle a multitude of tasks. Additionally, s/he is outgoing, possesses a zest for interaction with people and is comfortable sharing his or her views and suggestions. A sense of humor and creativity are required.
In your role as office coordinator (50% of time) you will:
- Manage all aspects of the office — serving as the main contact for outside vendors and building management
- Provide general office support such as answering phones, sorting mail and ordering office supplies
- Plan staff meetings and outings and other events
- Act as the point person for technology issues and working closely with the outside IT vendor to handle workstation problems, network problems and machine ordering and maintenance
As the Executive Assistant to the President (30% of time) you will:
- Provide administrative support — meeting scheduling, managing correspondence, serving as a liaison between the president and staff and keeping the president on task.
- Acting as contact to the board of trustees and responsible for all board-related conference calls and meetings
As the Development Coordinator (20% of time), you will:
- Manage the membership program, including working with the direct mail consultant, corresponding with donors and maintaining the donor database
- Research prospective donors
- Donor gift processing
The position requires a highly organized and detailed oriented individual who is able to efficiently manage their time. Your natural customer-service orientation helps you work effectively with staff, potential donors and contractors. Finally, you must be willing to take on tasks and projects as assigned, take initiative and think critically.
The core competencies of the position include:
Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Refined professional judgment, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure; ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications & experience with database management
- Comfort with technology
- At least 5 years office experience
- College degree
Location, Schedule, and Travel
Potomac Conservancy is headquartered in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, with a field office in Winchester, Virginia. This position will be based in Silver Spring.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a competitive salary that will reflect the experience and skills you bring to the job. In addition to staff outings on the river, benefits include medical and dental coverage; 18 days paid time off per year; 10 holidays per year; working with bright, fun coworkers; and interacting with an engaged board of directors.
How to apply:
Are you interested in joining Team Potomac? The deadline for applications is March, 14, 2014. To be considered, please submit a compelling cover letter, along with your eye-catching resume to email@example.com. Potomac Conservancy is an equal-opportunity employer. ALL well qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.