Membership and Programs Intern-Washington, DC
Organization: NCSE – National Council for Science and the Environment
Position Title: Membership and Programs Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Hours and Compensation: Unpaid.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2014
The Program Assistant will work on NCSE’s “Strengthening Education Programs”. Programs in this area include the:
- Council of Environmental Deans and Directors (CEDD),
- Council of Energy Research and Education Leaders (CEREL)
- Community College Affiliate Program (CCAP)
- Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS)
The program assistant will work closely with the directors of all of the programs and the Meetings Manager.
- Assist in the overall production of the annual university membership campaign.
- Provide program support to academic environmental projects through the CEDD, CCAP, CEREL, and AESS (e.g. curriculum and workforce study, public policy committee).
- Maintain online communications and announcements to members of the CEDD and CCAP including an active listserv.
- Maintain a daily news service
- Assist in the organization of two annual meetings for the Council of Environmental Deans and Directors as well as project specific meetings and workshops.
- Interact with new and renewing member schools and their faculty on services and program activities. Prepare membership packets and materials.
- Update and maintain the CEDD and CCAP websites.
- Assist with grant proposals and funding research for Council of Environmental Deans and Directors’ initiatives and related projects.
- Assist in the annual meeting for AESS
Bachelor’s degree with one to two years experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization. Development/ membership experience a plus. The position requires excellent organizational and administrative skills, strong writing skills, proficient computer skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
Travel stipend offered.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to Internships@ncseonline.org. No phone calls please.