Summer Internship – Communications, Marketing and Social Media-Manomet, MA
Organization: Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences
Position Title: Summer Internship
Location: Manomet, MA
Hours and Compensation: 25 hours/week, unpaid.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2014
Are you interested in conservation and sustainability? Do you want to gain experience in nonprofit communications this summer while working in a beautiful location overlooking Cape Cod Bay? The Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences is seeking energetic and enthusiastic candidates for its Communications, Marketing, and Social Media internship position. For more information, please visit our website at www.manomet.org.
About the Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences
Learning how to live sustainably on a planet with finite resources is the greatest challenge humans have ever faced. At Manomet we know people can live sustainably, if we can transform how we use and conserve resources. For more than 40 years, we’ve created lasting solutions by using science and partnerships to solve problems for the long term. Manomet is a nonprofit and non-advocacy organization. We have about 40 scientists and support staff working from the north slope of Alaska to the southern tip of Argentina. In a divisive world, we invite you to come and be part of a vibrant team that is building sustainability solutions for agriculture, conservation, forestry and businesses.
The responsibilities for this internship include writing, photography, developing and maintaining content on Manomet’s website and social media platforms, and outreach activities in support of these responsibilities.
The time frame for this internship is June 1 – August 15, with flexible start and end dates. The successful candidate will be available at least 25-30 hours per week.
This is a volunteer position. Housing is available on-site at Manomet Center headquarters overlooking beautiful Cape Cod Bay (125 Manomet Point Rd. Plymouth, Massachusetts 02360). Interns in residence also enjoy free organic fruits and vegetables from our farm stand.
The Communications, Marketing and Social Media Intern supports the visibility and outreach needs of the institution, the development department and Manomet’s programs.
- Research and write articles for bi-weekly newsletter.
- Research and write press releases for Manomet programs and organizational news.
- Update and maintain content on Manomet’s website (Drupal CMS), blogs (WordPress) and social media platforms.
- Photograph Manomet events and programs.
- Manage and update Manomet’s photography database.
- Demonstrated interest in communications, social media, writing and photography
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and conservation issues
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, resourcefulness and self-motivation are required. This position requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Experience managing organizational social media platforms
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and basic photo manipulation
- Experience shooting video with digital SLR cameras
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to Haley Jordan email@example.com or by mail to Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences, Communications Department, P.O. Box 1770 Manomet, MA 02345.