Field Manager, Summer Position-Tucson, AZ, US
Organization: Fund for the Public Interest
Position Title: Field Manager, Summer Position
Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Hours and Compensation: Full time. $4,000-$6,000/summer
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The Fund for the Public Interest is seeking hard-working individuals with good communication skills and a passion for social change to fill our field manager positions across the country this summer.
If you are looking to make an impact on the world by working to stop global warming, stand up against powerful corporations, and fight for equality, then this is the job for you.
The Fund for the Public Interest is a national non-profit organization that works to build support for progressive organizations across the country. We have run fundraising and membership-building campaigns for the past 30 years for over 40 organizations, including the Human Rights Campaign, Environment America, and U.S. PIRG. This summer we will be in over 50 cities, working and lobbying to help win environmental and social justice campaigns.
Currently we have paid field manager positions open in some of the most exciting cities in the country. These are full-time summer positions starting as early as April, earning $4,000-$6,000/summer.
- Help the directors launch the campaign and build a team of staff this spring
- Build membership and raise money for environmental and social justice groups
- Educate and engage citizens on pressing issues
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of staff in the office and in the field
- Meet with the directors each week to evaluate progress and provide input on hiring decisions, goals, and priorities
You will also have the opportunity to organize press conferences and build coalitions with other non-profit organizations. While on staff, you will gain knowledge of pressing concerns facing our country, learn how to effectively generate public support, and obtain a firm understanding of the political process.
You should apply if you want to…
- Earn an average of $4,000-$6,000 this summer, working for something you believe in
- Build long-lasting relationships with a team of people from all across the country who share your interests and concerns on important issues
- Get experience with grassroots organizing, fundraising and working with the media
- Gain the skills and connections needed to launch a career in non-profit, political, or grassroots organizing
- Make a real impact on these issues
- Passion for social change
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Previous experience with staff management or leadership may improve candidacy.
Learn more at www.jobsthatmatter.org or call for more information at 1-800-75-EARTH.
The Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation or veteran status.
How to apply:
Apply online at www.jobsthatmatter.org or call for more information at 1-800-75-EARTH, ask for Isabelle.