Central Coast Outreach Coordinator-Watsonville, CA, US
Organization: Environmental Justice Coalition for Water
Position Title: Central Coast Outreach Coordinator
Location: Watsonville, CA, US
Hours and Compensation: $ 19-25/ hour
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until filled
The Environmental Justice Coalition for Water (EJCW) seeksto fill a part-time outreach position in Watsonville, California. This is a part-time, contract position. Roughly 15-30 hours per week. Starts immediately. Contract ends June 2014, although possibility of extension exists as well as possibility of expanding job duties and hours up to and including full-time employment.
The Central Coast Outreach Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and in close partnership with and in support of EJCW member organizations and project partners. The Central Coast Outreach Coordinator is responsible for surveying and mapping “disadvantaged” communities throughout the region, conducting outreach to Watsonville residents and other stakeholders, and working with other project partners.
Major job responsibilities:
- Identify, survey, and assess “disadvantaged” communities (DACs) in the Santa Cruz IRWM region.
- Conduct outreach and engage DAC communities/representatives in the IRWM process.
- Engage Watsonville’s disadvantaged community in the IRWM process, including through social media, and update IRWM Plan with newly identified DAC needs.
- Convene three or more community meetings to identify and evaluate water resource needs and priorities for inclusion in the IRWM Plan.
- Work with project technical assistance partner(s) to enable DAC project readiness
- Review and prioritize projects and needs in Watsonville; assess planning, feasibility and pre-design activities to enable DAC project readiness; conduct meetings to identify and gather project data, and investigate project integration and partnerships with conservation organizations and local governments, and explore project integration of multi-benefit projects for inclusion in the Santa Cruz IRWM Plan.
- Complete project reporting and invoicing and provide deliverables.
- Complete progress reports and invoices, including summary of status of each task, activities conducted during the reporting period, milestones, project schedule, and upcoming activities.
- Draft Project Completion Report to summarize the work performed and include description of DAC outreach efforts and evaluation of the effectiveness of outreach methods utilized in the Watsonville region and, as applicable, other targeted areas in the County.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, purpose, and values
- Community organizing, outreach, or similar relationship-based experience
- Strong analytical, writing, research, and public speaking skills
- Self-directed and organized; ability to work independently to meet multiple deadlines
- Track record of developing successful partnerships with other groups
- Willingness and ability to travel and work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required from time-to-time
- Bilingual, English-Spanish speaker
- Knowledge of water and/or other natural resource issues a plus
- Physical demands include: sitting, walking, driving, and listening for up to 6-8 hours per day; computer keyboarding an average of 2 hours per day; ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must provide own work space, car, car insurance, and, preferably, computer.
- Work environment and travel demands include frequent travel in and around Watsonville and Santa Cruz County and, occasionally, other parts of California.
- Reasonable accommodation: If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please provide us, in writing, an explanation of the reasonable accommodation needed.
Start date:As soon as possible. This position will remain open until filled.Ideally, the new hire will begin work the week of March 17, 2014, if not sooner.
Compensation:This position pays $19-25/hour, depending on experience.
Applications:To apply, e-mail resume or CV, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Include “Central Coast Outreach Coordinator” in the e-mail subject line. No phone calls or hard copy documents, please. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer:EJCW is an is an “at-will”, equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
To apply, e-mail resume or CV, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Central Coast Outreach Coordinator” in the e-mail subject line. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.