Latino Organizing Program Director－Santa Fe, NM.
Organization: Conservation Voters New Mexico
Position Title: Latino Organizing Program Director
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Hours and Compensation: Contract
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund (CVNMEF) works to engage the people of New Mexico in our longstanding, shared values of protecting our air, land, water and the health of our communities. We do this by mobilizing people to advocate on policy, enhancing the voting process and encouraging people to vote, cultivating conservation leaders and amplifying the voices of those most affected.
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund (CVNMEF) is hiring a Latino Organizing Program Director to oversee its work to mobilize Latino communities’ voice and leadership on critical environmental issues facing New Mexico and the nation. The program is a partnership between CVNMEF and the League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (LCVEF) that will result in boosting Latino activists, increasing media coverage of Latino leadership on environmental issues and creating grassroots actions that call on state and federal policymakers to protect our air, water and land from pollution and the effects of climate change. CVNMEF is seeking someone who has effective relationships with Latino communities and substantial experience running community organizing and advocacy programs that recruit, train and mobilize volunteers. Preference will be given to applicants who are bilingual, bicultural and have New Mexico experience or ties.
Work closely with CVNMEF and LCVEF to establish a successful Latino organizing and advocacy program, including:
- Develop issue priorities and identify organizing and advocacy opportunities;
- Hire, train and manage organizers, ensuring they meet volunteer recruitment and leadership goals and other program metrics;
- Develop and sustain successful volunteer recruitment including phone banking, canvassing, list building, and other outreach methods;
- Develop and implement strategies that turns volunteers into activists and leaders including training and creating other leadership opportunities;
- Track and analyze program goals and present progress to CVNMEF and LCVEF leadership;
- Develop relationships and partnerships with Latino organizations, leaders and policymakers;
- Oversee a Spanish-language and Latino-focused communications strategy including organizing media events, developing media spokespeople, message development and delivery;
- Assist with social media and online campaign that results in building a list of Latino activists on environmental issues;
- Oversee administrative aspects of the program, that include interviewing and hiring organizers, tracking hours, as well as establishing and managing program offices.
Candidate must have:
- Enthusiasm and a commitment to building the voice and leadership of Latino communities in New Mexico;
- A strong interest in environmental activism;
- 4+ years community, issue, labor or political organizing (2-4 cycle equivalent), preferably within the Latino community;
- Experience supervising staff, preferably organizers;
- Experience with successful volunteer or membership recruitment;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment;
- Reliable transportation;
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are bilingual, bicultural and have New Mexico experience or ties.
The Latino Organizing Program Director will report to CVNMEF’s Program Director and work closely with a LCVEF’s Latino Outreach Program Director and national field team.
How to apply：
Please send your resume, cover letter, and 3 references email@example.com with “NM Latino Organizing Program Director” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please.
Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer.