Social Media & Marketing Intern-Climate Change-Boston, MA, US
Organization: ClimateStore Inc.
Position Title: Social Media & Marketing Intern
Location: Boston, MA, US
Hours and Compensation: 40 hours/week. Paid.
Application Deadline: Not listed.
Interested in doing something about Climate Change? We are! We’re the ClimateStore and we believe Climate Change is the most pressing issue of our time.
We’re a for profit start-up with an environmental mission: to provide high quality products to people interested in mitigating human caused Climate Change through personal action. We get the link between fossil fuel energy use, GHG emissions, Climate Change and the urgent need to move to a clean, energy efficient, economy. We believe this is our stewardship moment.
Our mission is to make it fun and easy for people to reduce their carbon footprint. At the ClimateStore you can learn about the causes of Climate Change, keep informed about its impact, and find great ideas and products to reduce your energy use from fossil fuels.
We’re looking for talented people who share our passion for the natural world, think broadly about sustainable living and believe there is still time to act. We currently have an opening for a Social Media and Marketing Intern with experience with low carbon footprint/energy saving products to support the growth of our core product line.
- Write blog posts on sustainable living practices, green products, and the impact of Climate Change
- Develop and manage social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- Work with staff to support digital media campaigns
- Coordinate content development for bloggers reporting on environmental impact of CC
- Monitor the sustainable/green blogging community to find articles relevant to the ClimateStore’s mission and brand
- Support green product marketing in the context of an eCommerce platform to provide maximum product visibility and educational information
- Direct exposure to latest approaches in communicating Climate Change issues/relevance in a direct to consumer setting
- Direct experience with digital media campaigns
- eCommerce platform use and development with a sustainability mission
- Low carbon footprint/sustainable product-line development and contemporary classification methods
- Exposure to a purpose-driven, fast-paced, start-up work environment
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Experience using online platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumbler, Goolge+ and Youtube
- A self-starter with the ability to perform self-directed research
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Digital Marketing campaign experience
- Experience with sustainable product communication and eCommerce marketing models
Timing and Compensation:
- This is a semester length, full-time, paid internship starting in May 2014. We will consider applicants who are available sooner.
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter with your resume; let us know when and why you became interested in climate change, your education and career goals, and why this internship would be a good fit. Please apply by sending your resume and proposal/cover letter to email@example.com.