Research and List Management Coordinator-Washington, DC.
Organization: League of Conservation Voters
Position Title: Research and List Management Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC.
Hours and Compensation: Full time.
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) is a national non-profit organization that works to turn environmental values into national priorities. To secure the environmental future of our planet, LCV advocates for sound environmental policies, elects pro-environment candidates who will adopt and implement such policies, and provides state LCVs with the resources and tools to accomplish and sustain their mission.
The League of Conservation Voters is seeking a Research and List Management Coordinator to enhance our Major Gifts program. The Research and List Management Coordinator is primarily responsible for prospect research of current and new major donors, qualifying new individual major donor prospects, performing data entry tasks, preparing lists for the Major Gifts team, and assisting in the effective evaluation, assignment, solicitation and stewardship of donors to meet fundraising goals. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Responsible for assisting with the overall maintenance and accuracy of the major donor portfolios and outreach lists used by LCV’s president and the Major Gifts Team.
- Qualifies high level major donor prospects by researching and analyzing individuals in order to establish priorities and ensure the ongoing development, expansion and renewal of the prospect and donor base.
- Gathers information from a variety of sources, both print and electronic, regarding wealth capacity and interest.
- Participates in weekly donor and prospect review meetings with LCV’s President to discuss next steps and enters post-meeting notes into LCV’s donor database.
- Provides coherent, accurate and thorough donor profiles to fulfill proactive and reactive research projects, including donor visits, calls, foundation meetings, and fundraising events.
- Manages research resource accounts and coordinates vendor relations. Administers contracts and oversees invoicing for LCV’s state league affiliates.
- Works with the Vice President of Database Management to develop reports and provide solutions to enhance the accessibility and layout of information within the donor database.
- Maintains an overall knowledge of top donors and prospects and identifies fundraising approaches.
- Prepares the phoning lists for LCV’s biannual major donor phone bank and assists with logistics.
- Keeps abreast of developments in prospect research by participating in webinars and attending training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required, with 2+ years of experience at a non-profit, political organization or campaign.
- Experience in list management and/or major donor prospect research preferred.
- Highly organized with a thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in Excel.
- Knowledge of research tools and techniques, such as: WealthEngine, FoundationSearch, LexisNexis, and political giving databases preferred.
- Capacity to develop complex database reporting skills. Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data.
- Extremely motivated by goals to produce excellent results and exceed expectations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work for several people.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains a sense of teamwork, commitment to environmental protection, and the mission of LCV.
How to apply:
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements email@example.com with “Research and List Management Coordinator” in the subject line no later than April 30, 2014, or mail to League of Conservation Voters, Attn: Human Resources, 1920 L Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036. No phone calls please.