Assistant to the International President-Washington, DC
Organization: Service Employees International Union – SEIU
Position Title: Assistant to the International President
Location: Washington, DC.
Hours and Compensation: Full time.
Application Deadline: Not listed.
SEIU is seeking an Assistant to the International President for a broad and complex set of assignments to support the strategic work of the President and the Executive Office of SEIU.
• Serve as a key strategic assistant to the International President, representing the President as needed.
• Coordinate the preparation and drive the follow-up to the President’s meetings with external and internal relationships.
• Work with the senior team of the Executive Office to ensure key short-term and long-term priorities of the Officers are executed.
• Coordinate the complex scheduling process, including overseeing the administrative scheduling staff, guided by a long and strategic view of the union’s priorities and the best use of the President’s time.
Direction and Decision-Making:
This position reports to the International President and is part of the senior team in the Executive office.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and the following:
• Five or more years of experience in labor, community, political, environmental or other organizations.
• Three to five years of successful experience working at an executive level within a large organization.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• High level of organization.
• Ability to skillfully communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of high-level constituencies, both internal and external to SEIU.
• Ability to respond well to changing priorities and urgent situations; ability to function under pressure.
• Ability to work as part of a high functioning executive team, as well as independently.
• Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality and judgment.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse staff, inside and outside of SEIU, representing the best of inclusive, ethical leadership.
• Deep commitment to the vision of SEIU: We believe in and will fight for a just society: where all workers are valued and all people are respected; where all families and communities thrive; and where we leave a better and more equal world for generations to come.
Physical Requirements (as required by the ADA):
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and travel required.
Cover Letter Required:
A cover letter, explaining your reasons for wanting to work at SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position, and a description of how this position fits into your long term career plan, should accompany your resume.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits, including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holiday, sick, and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/nvjspmw