2014 Summer Internship Program-Oakland, CA.
Position Title: 2014 Summer Internship Program
Location: Oakland, CA.
Hours and Compensation: Paid
Application Deadline: April 18, 2014
TransForm is offering 3 internship opportunities open to undergraduate and graduate students or recent graduates as paid interns during Summer 2014. The program will provide interns an introduction to the field of planning with practical and substantive nonprofit work experience, and the start of a professional network.
TransForm has internship opportunities in Oakland and San Jose. TransForm’s internship opportunity in Oakland is a paid, full-time temporary position, for 10 – 14 weeks from late May through the end of August. Our San Jose opportunities are paid, part-time temporary positions from late May through end of October.
We highly encourage students of color and students from disadvantaged communities or areas underserved by transit in the Bay Area to apply. Interns will learn about the connections between land use, transportation, and thriving healthy communities, gain experience in the planning profession, and build their skills in community engagement and organizing.
Undergraduate and graduate students or recent graduates with studies in public policy, urban planning, transportation planning, public health, economics, economic development, sociology, ethnic studies, political science, community organizing, advocacy, media arts or related fields. The following is a list of general qualifications. Specific qualifications will be described for each internship project in the“Summer 2014 Internship Projects” section. Please make sure to review specific internship project qualifications prior to applying.
TransForm is looking for interns with the following general qualifications:
- Commitment to social and environmental justice and improving public health
- Excels at speaking with diverse populations and excellent listening skills
- Excels at community outreach in-person and over the phone
- Resourceful, creative, highly organized and prepared
- Independent thinker, problem solver and a good team player
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and communicate research findings
- Tenacious spirit with an ability to mobilize people
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive computer skills
TransForm is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an equitable and inclusive work environment.